“Good for your $”

Premiere Classe Bayeux
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
Reviewed June 13, 2012

It's a budget hotel, with small rooms but very clean. We really did not stay in the room very much so it was well worth it for us. Also, a nice walk into town from the hotel. We enjoyed our stay in Bayeux!

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel....we had other guests tell us that it was noisy staying in the front...
Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynnh242

Reviewed June 6, 2012

even if it is a cheap hotel you still expect a clean bed and we did not find this to be the case in this hotel. we checked the bed immediatley on arrival and found the pillowcases were dirty and the sheets still had "things" remaining in them from the previous visitor. we then asked for another room and again checked out the bed to find there were, what we believe to be, popcorn or such like stuck to the bedding and again the pillowcases were dirty and there were "things" in the bed from the previous occupants. needless to say we did not stay there and will never trust a premier inn again. the only good thing we can say about this hotel is the reception staff were very helpful and did all that they could possible do. the suggestion I would like to make to this hotel is to get cleaners that actually clean the room properly. a visitor should expect a clean room and that includes a clean bed. this is the least that a hotel can promise even if it is regarded as "cheap"

Room Tip: my tip is dont use this hotel
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everything you want from a cheap, check in check out hotel. Comfy bed, clean linen and towels, clean shower and toilet, quiet and comfortable accomodation, including breakfast was 66 euros for the two of us, surely no - one will complain at that. After a long days driving with an early start the following morning this fits the bill. TV and free WiFi an advantage. Restaurant attached was OK, food was fine but if you order a steak and like it medium I suggest to ask for the next one up as mine was quite rare, this may be the French interpretation of Medium as I have found before in France. Breakfast was buffet style in a clean and airy room, croisants, fresh bread, yoghurts, toast, fruit juice, coffee/tea and conserves, quite adequate for an early morning start. Staff were pleasant and helpful when required.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank polly1jean
Reviewed June 2, 2012

It's a budget hotel, with small rooms as is the European standard, and it completely fulfilled our expectations. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The in-room flat screen TV and WIFI completely satisfied our “entertainment” needs (you don’t go to Bayeux to see the hotel room!). Their 4.80€ breakfast buffet was a great value and nicely put out. The hotel's location is close to downtown Bayeux and provided convenient access to the Bayeux Tapestry and Normandy D-Day historical areas. We completely enjoyed our stay there.

3  Thank hallbo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The room was tiny as we expected, but had the 3rd bed to put luggage on and it was still a cheap price. The hotel is central (everything in Bayeux is close by, tiny town). The room was clean, but unfortunately the bathroom was not. So, I put hand sanitizer all over it & made do! Double pane windows, so couldn't hear train or anything really. Breakfast is not worth it though-- rolls, juice, yogurt.

1  Thank SeeingSites_12
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was neat, clean, pretty quiet, and about a 10-15 minute walk from central Bayeux. It was also only a 15 minute walk from the train station and I didn't mind carrying my bag.

The one drawback was the lack of staffing which I understand also keeps the cost down so maybe you can't have it both ways. The hotel is only staffed in the morning and for a couple of hours in the evening. I arrived in the early afternoon so I had to use the automated machine to check in. I noticed in other reviews that some people had trouble using American credit cards in the machine because our cards don't have chips. I had a little trouble, but after a few tries (put the card in for a couple of seconds and pull out slowly, but not too slowly) I got it to work. However, on the last day, I had to check out by noon and my train didn't leave until 2:50. Because the hotel isn't staffed in the afternoon, I had nowhere to leave my bags until the train came. Not a huge deal, but just a little inconvenience.

So, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have rented a car or you're leaving early in the morning or around noon via train (so the bags won't be an issue) and would probably still recommend the hotel if you're just looking for a quiet, clean place to stay for a couple of days in Bayeux and pack light.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Extremely good value (10% off for booking online!) for a clean and modern room. It is walkable from the city center as well as the train station. We were lucky to get a room that was meant for the disabled, so we even had a rather large toilet and a larger room as well. Obtaining keys from the automated machine was no problem, it didn't accept my credit card but the booking number worked well. For the budget traveler, breakfast can always be obtained by buying freshly baked bread from the nearby supermarket or boulangeries.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayeux
Campanile De Bayeux
#6 of 21 in Bayeux
Hotel Mogador
Hotel Mogador
#10 of 21 in Bayeux

Been to Premiere Classe Bayeux? Share your experiences!