“This Tour is so EXCELLENT, I had to Return!!”
Review of OverlordTour

OverlordTour
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Normandy,our tour agency invite you to discover the most poignant locations of the 1944 Normandy Landing,including the key landing beaches, war museums, and battlefields. Recommended by Veterans.
Ft. Worth
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“This Tour is so EXCELLENT, I had to Return!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I traveled to Normandy to see the region where my father landed during WW II and to learn the history of D-Day (my son was even born on June 6!). Overlord Tours was simply one of the highlights of my life--and I have traveled around the globe. Alain Chesnel helped me personally by booking my tour and was fabulous. I felt as though I was re-living the Band of Brothers movie in the full day Band of Brothers Tour. I learned more about the history of D-Day than in a full semester of college history. I am now bringing my family back to repeat the tour for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, June 2014! If you want to go on a D-Day battlefield tour, this is the one!

The town of Bayeux is fantastic! While you're there don't forget to visit the amazing Bayeux Tapestry and have a beautiful glass of Bordeaux in one of their outside cafes!

Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
Bastrop, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently enjoyed a day-long tour with Dominique. with Overlord Tours in Normandy. She was professional, accommodating, willing to customize the tour so that we could see the sights we wanted to see, and very knowledgeable. She was great company and her insights contributed a lot to our understanding and appreciation of the WWII sights there. We definitely could not have toured the area as efficiently or effectively without her help.

Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect tour”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We recently took a full day personal tour of the Utah and Omaha sectors with Dominique. Dominique was great, incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. At each stop, Dominique explained what took place using stories, maps and pictures, and truly got us more interested as the day went on. I would highly recommend a tour with Dominique.

Houston, Texas, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Memorable Overlord Tour”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our 1/2 day tour of Utah/Omaha Beach was absolutely wonderful. Magdali was such an enthusiastic tour guide. She was so knowledgeable of the history of Normandy, but also shared many side stories not in the history books. We would recommend the Overlord Tour and especially Magdali as your tour guide to anyone.

Visited September 2013
Cicero
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I just toured Overlord Tours. We did the American sector (Utah/Omaha) for D-Day. Dominique, our tour guide, was wonderful. Not only was she very knowledgeable about D-Day facts and figures, she also shared many side stories and interesting facts about the area in general. She recommended the museum at Utah and that was also extremely interesting. We are not big museum goers but this one I would recommend. We were picked up at 8:30 and returned about 5:30. I would highly suggest this tour group if ever in the Bayeux region.