Review Highlights

2 day tour of Normandy beaches and D-day sites

Reviewed 3 days ago
Dreamer66987552739

2,903 results
All reviews overlord tour band of brothers full day tour omaha beach american cemetery omaha utah tour great tour private tour brecourt manor easy company british canadian d day beaches his knowledge small group normandy beaches pointe du hoc cruise ship
Reviewed yesterday

Our tour guide during our Overload D-Day Band of Brothers tour was very interesting and clearly passionate right off the bat. We spent our morning visiting old German guns and looking out into the ocean from Omaha Beach. We had the honor of also visiting the American D-Day cemetery. Before lunch, we visited Pointe du Hoc, steep cliffs that the American rangers scaled in order to destroy other German guns. We had a good amount of time in a small town to eat lunch in the middle of the day. After lunch, we followed the footsteps of the paratroopers in Band of Brothers who were lead by Dick Winters. We also visited a small but very special church with a fantastic and uplifting story. I definitely recommend this tour for all ages!

Reviewed 3 days ago

The 2-day tour of all the D-day beaches, allied cemeteries, and major points of military interest was terrific. Both Alain and Pierre were great guides and very knowledgeable of all the key points of the operation. It was clear that Pierre had done a lot of research on individual soldiers of the British and Canadian forces and he provided a lot of information and moving stories on those men. I would definitely recommend these tours to anyone looking for an accurate, meaningful, and interesting way to see WWII Normandy.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We had a fantastic private tour with Jordan. He was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating, showing us Omaha and Utah beaches, multiple Atlantic wall sites, the US Cemetery, and multiple Band of Brother sites. A really great, moving day!

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Charles was our guide on the Band of Brothers tour and his knowledge and connection to all the tactical operations of the 101st Airborne “Easy Company” made the 7 of us feel like we were witnessing the Allied Invasion on Normandy through him. He gives lots of tours but he made our experience his highest priority, nothing was mundane about it to him. I could tell it was an honor to him to share the heroic stories. He takes you to family farms, where you walk into an historic pasture with beautiful Normandy dairy cows grazing, uninterested in the impactful stories of Easy Company told by Charles. He brought informative maps and copies of old photos to illustrate the activities that took place, in 1944, at each stop of the tour. I highly recommend Overlord Tours. Charles is an amazing guide but I’m sure all their guides are top notch. I’m still reflecting back on that experience, three months later. I want to go back to Bayeux and take other tours from Overlord Tours.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We did the Band of Brothers WWII tour through this company and it was better than we expected. Alain was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and made the tour very special. My husband's father was wounded during WWII in Belgium after marching through Normandy. It was a very meaningful experience for my husband and gave us an inkling of what these soldiers must have faced. I highly recommend this tour company.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our tour guide was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly. I would go back again and again with him. The vans were spotless, lunch lovely and his depth of history unsurpassed..

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our Band of Brothers tour with Overlord was really good. We were met in Bayeaux at an easy location to find, in a group of 4 tourists, with Michael. He was very knowledgeable about his subject. The morning was generally spent on general D-Day history and background. The afternoon was generally spent on sites specific to Easy Company. It is a long day - 8:30 a.m. to about 5 pm.

Pros: we saw many sites and memorials to certain members of Easy (Meehan, Winters, the medics). Fascinating, heart wrenching. We were shuttled in a comfortable (but a high-step-into) van. We had plenty of time to look at our leisure at sites of interest and for lunch. If you are a history buff of D-Day and Band of Brothers, you will enjoy this tour.

Must mention - there is a stop at the American Cemetery with plenty of time to look on our own, but the stop is in the morning, not in the afternoon (4 pm) when the flags are retired and the moving "Taps" is sounded. The stops at Point
du Hoc and Brecourt Manor are too much walking/climbing for those with mobility issues. The guide was up front with me, when I asked, how much walking or climbing was going to be involved and I opted to sit in the van during these outings. There is no stop at Utah Beach.

I am glad I booked this tour, but also glad that we had another day on our own to visit Utah (where my father landed) and to be at the American Cemetery at flag retire. Lunch was on our own at St Mere Eglise - we bought individual quiches and sweets and sodas at the Boulangerie then enjoyed the sunshine on a bench outside the cathedral that John Steele, the paratrooper, hung from on D-Day (he survived, it's a big story here and of course, "The Longest Day", Red Buttons). Great experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We did the full day Canadian and British Tour with Pierre in a safe and comfy bus. Pierre was obviously an educated and passionate history buff who constructed a narrative for each tour stop that wove a fascinating ( and often horrifying) picture of the events of June 6th. I learned so much about the backstory and strategies in the days/hours prior to the invasion that I never knew before the tour. I left feeling enlightened and prouder then ever.Thank you Pierre for a great day and to Overlord for preserving our connection to such an important historical event

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I wished to take a tour specifically about the 101st Airborne. I found Overlord tours online and was very impressed with their full and half-day tours. We took a full-day tour with Yannick. He was very knowledgeable about the 101st Airborne and their locations and drop zones in the Normandy area. We LOVED the fact that we were able to go to the private sites and farms where these soldiers fought. We had wished we were in the Normandy area longer in order to take more tours with Overlord! Thanks again for a wonderful full-day tour!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a vague understanding of some of the events that occurred in this region during WWII; however, our guide Rethro really brought the events to light. Without a doubt, this is one of the best tours I have ever been on (and I used to work as a shore excursion manager for a major cruise line so I like to believe I know what a good tour is). I am now enthusiastic about learning more. Thank you OverlordTour for a job well done in creating a very memorable experience!