“Informative and insightful”

and up
Normandy Beaches Half-Day Trip from Bayeux
Ranked #5 of 43 Tours in Bayeux
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our guide was prompt, engaging, friendly and very curious and well-informed about the history of the region -- D-Day, but also before and since. We packed an incredible amount of information and sightseeing into the day, doing the full-day tour of primarily US beaches and sites.

2  Thank Carl B
"german bunkers"
in 10 reviews
"excellent guide"
in 11 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed January 31, 2014

First off, Oliver, our guide for the day, picked us up promptly at our hotel. Spoke English perfectly. Very eager and knowledgeable about WWII and other events that took place in the Normandy region. Going in low season meant we had Oliver all to ourselves AND all the locations we visited were empty! SUCH A WONDERFUL and PERSONAL experience. We did the full D-Day tour. Hit all the main locations and spent enough time in each for the full experience. Stopped off for lunch in a little cafe right on the water (food was very good). Would highly recommend Oliver and this company!!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in Caen but needed to meet our guide in Bayeux. They suggested the Bayeux train station, very easy to find and plenty of parking. Jonathan, our guide arrived on time, we then picked up just one other couple, then headed out for our A-1 TOUR: OMAHA BEACH MORNING TOUR. Jonathan has a wealth of information at the tip of his tongue. He carried a notebook of maps and pictures to emphasize points and clarify explanations. I was very impressed at how quickly he could locate an individual page. Having read about the Normandy invasion for the past 40 years, I had some pretty specific questions and he was able to answer most and went out of his way to show me an example of the famous hedgerow country our troops struggled through after breaking out of the Normandy beaches,
I highly recommend the Normandy Sightseeing Tours with Jonathan as your guide.

3  Thank GreenMtTraveler
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My son and I did a full day tour of the D day landing sights with Normandy Sightseeing tours. We had a fantastic day thanks mainly to our guide Olivier who was very friendly and welcoming as well as very entertaining and knowledgeable. His passion for the subject made the experience all the more personal and enjoyable. I would recommend highly this company.
Don (Australia)