“Very pleasant”
Review of L'Adresse - CLOSED

L'Adresse
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Room for 80 beautifully decorated in the historic center of Bayeux two steps from the cathedral and MAHB.Notre kitchen entirely homemade by Chef Sebastien Foucher. You eat a Norman cuisine in our establishment made ​​from local produce (Norman meat, fish: port Bessin or scotland salmon, vegetables bayeux and surroundings; duck: southwest) A wine list by the glass to accompany each of your dishes. . We welcome you all year round, 7/7 from May to September for lunch and dinner   terrace covered 8 March to October on the front of the establishment Groups welcome applications throughout the year, private events, concert every month ...
Hove, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I discovered the restaurant by chance for an evening meal. Service was very helpful and friendly and I enjoyed a very good Norman meal. I particularly recommend the creme brulee - still alight when it arrived - one of the best I have eaten. I would certainly return here.

Visited October 2012

New Jersey
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This was a return visit to this restaurant. It was good but not great. Service was good. Had music that night, so loud you couldn't talk. It was so much better our first visit.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is of one of my most difficult restaurants to review. We were in a party of 12... a friends birthday ... we were staying close by at Chateau d'Argouges, where, unfortunately they could not provide dinner.
We were shown to our table and asked by I presume by the owner or manager if we would like some pre dinner drinks, which we ordered... and then were given the menus..... it was then that I noticed that all the other tables were offered... a nice touch of olive oil and french bread with their drinks, so why not us?
We ordered our food from a "chefs menu" 23.90 Euro each which I am afraid to say was not brilliant. I had the fish soup to begin with.... which I am afraid to say was not very "fishy". The main course was Duck which I love under cooked but this was nearly cold in the centre. There is a chef'y habit of "painting" a sauce on the side of the plate, but this had been left under the heat lamps for so long that it had dried on to the plate! The potato side dish had also been left in a hot cupboard for to long and had dried out.
I said at the beginning of this review that it was difficult... because after the main course we were offered a very good gateau for my friends birthday followed by a complimentary brandy or liqueure.
As you may be able to see from the above I am in catering so with just a little bit more effort and attention to detail this restaurant could be really good... it is in a great location in a great town .

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Nitrameel
Washington, DC
“Uneven Food”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The food here was a bit uneven. The entree course and desserts were good, but the main courses were of very low quality for both of us eating here. I suspect that cheap cuts of meat were used. The service, however, was attentive and willing to accomodate.

• Visited August 2011