“best scallops ever and fabulous steak”

Restaurant Le Drakkar
Ranked #25 of 100 Restaurants in Bayeux
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We ate here one night mainly because it was close to the hotel, but the scallops were so good and the staff was so efficient that we returned the next day and enjoyed it again, and we even tried a third time, but they were closed. The waitstaff was helpful in choosing wine and dessert, and the atmosphere was not too formal but not too casual. It was a relaxing and fun place as we struggled with French and were smilingly helped by the staff who do speak some English. Great restaurant!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. It was very good. They have a nice variety of items on the menu and the staff are very friendly.

1  Thank Erin F
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Right on the Main Street in Bayeux is this small indoor/outdoor restaurant with great service and wait staff. I stopped for a snack and to rest my tired feet on a Friday afternoon. I sat outside and enjoyed watching folks going about their Friday afternoon business.

Food was good; reasonably priced. French onion soup was delicious!

New to France and Bayeux, I was not aware of restaurants closing during the mid- day and re-opening for dinner. So, I took my time, eating and resting. I was absolutely not rushed by the restaurant staff, and it wasn't until I paid my bill and got up to leave, that I saw them closing up shop for the rest of the afternoon. I was mortified and would have hurried had I known the custom.

Kudos and thanks to Le Drakkar for their delicious food and accommodation to let me take my time.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stumbled upon this place after spending the day at Omaha beach. The food was very good and so was the service. Duck, Hanger steak, pizza for the kids, foie gras, onion soup and several desserts all excellent!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate dinner here, and we opted for a fixed price menu. We chose the £17.50 menu, but there are two others, more expensive. We were very pleased with our courses. We both had delicious French onion soup. My coq au vin was tasty, but my husband's chicken main dish was only average. The chocolate fondue was excellent, and my husband's Apple tart was again just average. I think he was wishing he'd ordered my selections!

We had very good, unobtrusive service.