“Fine Dining In The Heart Of Bayeux.”

Le Pommier Restaurant
Reserve with
Le Pommier Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub, French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The owners Isabelle and Thierry Lhuillery are strongly attached to the region, which displays lot's of famous specialities. Their cooking is both original and typical. The owners know pretty well the local producers, with whom they have been working for many years. When the ingredients are cooked, it is always in the respect of their original flavour, only spices and fresh herbs are added in order to make the best come out of them. Enjoy eating fresh sea food straight from the coast; try our daily raw marinated fish course, or a slice of duck foie gras flavoured with apple fragrances. Don't miss our Normandy beef and duck breast, or our delicate fish dressed with a light cream dressing. Do not also go by, without tasting our local cheeses such as : Camembert, Pont L’Eveque, Livarot or Neufchatel. And finally to put a pleasant end to this perfect meal try a chaudfroid apple dessert... It will be our pleasure to help you choosing in our wine and cider list the most appropriate beverage.
Ottawa. Canada
“Fine Dining In The Heart Of Bayeux.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The ambiance was perfect, good service, friendly. Food was very flavourful and aesthetically pleasing. It offered very good value for money.

Visited September 2012

Clonmel, Ireland
“Très bon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel receptionist and we weren't let down. The decor is airy and bright, the ambiance relaxed and the wait staff professional and polite.

I started with the fois gras, which I don't usually order, and it was delicious. My partner had the local smoked sausage which was tasty without being overpowering. For mains I had the sea bass in a caramelised ginger sauce, which was a new combination for me. Even though I wouldn't have a sweet tooth, the sauce was sweet without being too saccharin-sweet. The sea bass itself was light and done to perfection. My partner had the entrecôte steak, medium, which of course in France means barely cooked, but this is perfection for us. The steak was so tender that the steak knife was really superfluous! For desert my other half had the local apple speciality and I had a dark chocolate mousse which was lighter than air!

The wine list had a great choice with a couple of half bottles available. I took the Riesling d'Alsace and my partner had a carafe of Côte du Rhône, both of which were good value and very smooth.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and we didn't even know that it w in Gide books or Michelin recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointing at the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went for lunch. We both had chicken liver pate for starter - beautifully presented - but woefully underseasoned and so cold it was quite tasteless. My husband had Tripe for a main course and found it again very underseasoned and quite unremarkable. The Tripe was served with soggy/underseasoned chips. I had white fish with nettle sauce - it was tasteless. Very disappointing. There was an English group next to us (3) who enquired whether we had come because it was Michelin recommended - which we werent aware of. If it is Michelin recommended it does not give me confidence in their judgement!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank wendyjh59
“Good food, but desserts a little lacking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Three of us went for lunch, and it was good, but no wow factor. Fish pate starter and steak main were a standout. Skip the desserts, though, especially in favour of the excellent cheese plate.

Brussels, Belgium
“Surprised by negative reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our dining experience at Le Pommier and I'm somewhat surprised with how mixed the reviews are here. Perhaps my expectations were lower than most: because it is listed in almost every guide book, I anticipated it being very touristy. I could not have been more wrong. The decor and presentation were top-notch, the kind of setting you'd expect from a high-end eatery aimed at locals.

Our food and service were also very good. We stuck with the seafood, this being Normandy, so perhaps that was key...many of the negative reviews here about the food complain about steak and chicken. But our fish dishes were excellent, and we had no problems with the waitstaff, which we found attentive and quick. We speak French, so maybe that helped, and we ate on the early side when there were fewer tables to tend to. But all in all, none of the problems others reported.

One other note: we ate on a lovely evening outside, with a stunning view of the cathedral down the road. Certainly added to our experience.

We'd certainly return to Le Pommier.

• Visited August 2012