“Come for the spiciness!!!”
Review of Elephant Thai

Elephant Thai
Ranked #447 of 1,628 Restaurants in Lille
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lille Centre 11
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been to Lille many times during the past 7 years but never tried this restaurant. I thought it was pricy and the food might not be so good. I was totally WRONG!! I gave it a try earlier this year. I was craving for Som Tam so I did order it. I was so happy cuz it came in an original taste and really spicy. Exactly what I asked for. The Thai guy there was also really nice and friendly to me. I will come back again for other dishes.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here one night over the Easter break. The restaurant was nearly full, just managed to squeeze us in, always a good sign. We are not Thai experts, only 2nd time we have tried this quisine, but menu was fairly easy to understand, and the lady ownner gave us good advice. All the food was tasty, fresh and well presented, and although the place was very busy, there were no long waits between courses.
When we finished our meal we realised we were the last to leave, perhaps we did order too much food, but we ate the lot.
The lovely lady owner brought a bottle of sake to the table with the bill, never had it before, certainly has a kick to it!!! 3 free glasses later we staggered back to our hotel and never felt the cold.
10 out of 10

Reviewed March 24, 2013

On our first night in Lille, which was a Thursday, we had a table for four meal at the Elephant Thai. The outside of the restaurant does not do the place justice I think. Food on the other hand was very good, four of us having different meals and trying each others, thought quality and taste were just right for our palette.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food and friendly staff. Popular with the locals, but a little expensive and service quite slow. Close to the main stations, but slightly off the beaten track.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a Monday evening in February. The service was good although the restaurant is quite small downstairs, and when full (which it became and is a tribute to the venue), it can be difficult to get up from your table without disturbing other diners. The menu is also in English if you are a non French speaker. My wife and I had a starter and main with a couple of drinks. The food was presented well and exceeded my expectations with regard to taste. (Never judge a book by its cover). The bill was around 62 euro and I left a 10 euro tip. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Lille.

1  Thank Dunny0578