1,167 results
All reviewsfree mini barnespresso machineoval windowsdeluxe roomhuge showercomfortable bedrobes and slippersrain showerexcellent hotelrecommend this hotelold townloved this hotelcar parkingthe main squarechristmas marketminute walkmodern hotel
Reviewed October 18, 2016

The hotel has beautiful, modern rooms with a rather large bathroom for a city hotel. Also the free minibar and the weekend breakfast until noon are great. A strange thing was the constant noise and loud music that we heard in our room. It seemed to come from the street, but when we went outside there was no noise at all. It certainly didn't come from inside the hotel, so we still wonder where it came from. It was rather annoying .... Breakfast was ok, let's say a three star breakfast in a four star hotel.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Booked here for a two night stay with my husband. It is a lovely, well appointed hotel with great rooms. Modern, light, excellent facilities, friendly staff, a really good find and I would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in March of this year for a long weekend. After a long drive down to Lille I was pleased how easy the parking was to sort out and how secure it was. The room itself was spacious and very modern, however, we were in the room directly above the hotel bar. The music and outside smoking area were constantly noisy until around 2am and as the aircon was not working we had no choice but to have the window open. In the morning we requested to change rooms to a higher room to avoid this happening again and this was done efficiently so thank you for that.

In terms of the room, it was completely faultless. Large, powerful shower, big flatscreen tv and also a very comfy bed.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

My second visit at the Why in Lille. My first visit, I was amazed and was given a huge room (402, I believe which had 7 windows).

This I was given a much smaller room, despite being a Diamond member and having booked 5 months in advance. I was told that because I used a third party site, I wasn't entitled for an upgrade, but at time of booking, I did call the hotel directly and asked them to match and they said they couldn't. They could have saved the commission and everyone would have been happy.

Room is still very nice and the bathroom just superb. Just a bit less closet space and not as many windows (only of the 2 partially opened, compared to all 7 in my other room).

Still love the complimentary minibar, but no courtesy tray like I had last year.

Great wifi, bed, etc... everything you need for a pleasant stay.

Some little quirks that the hotel should be aware and need to be careful to avoid losing their #1 status in Lille:

During my entire stay of 7 days, the soft boiled egg cooker was broken. The same occurred when I was there in Aug 2015. If the thing is breaking that often, just buy another, they don't cost that much, especially for the cost of the full breakfast buffet €15. (An express option is available for €7, consisting of just a croissant, coffee and juice). For about 2€, I went to "tout chaud" just down the street and grabbed 2 fresh croissants, along with the free Nespresso and orange juice in the room, what else can I ask for..

On 2 consecutive days, I had no hot water in the room around 8:25am. And I mean, the water would go from a tiny flow to nothing at all. It came back 15 mins later. I was told that they had water issues on the street the night before. The following morning, I got up earlier and it was fine..Cold water was always fine.

One night, I woke up to a boiling hot room (AC had been switch to Heat in the entire hotel) when it was 30 degrees outside! Luckily, they fixed it very quickly and by the time I woke up up, I was able to switch the AC back on.

Toiletries are not always replenished. I had to ask for soap a couple times because the maid would not replace them in the bathroom. I have to say that they use excellent L'Occitane products.

The bathmat was peeling and at times not even replaced (I had to use a regular towel).

So little things like things like this that could cost them their first place, but for now, I still love this hotel and will return without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank WYSIWYG
Reviewed October 14, 2016

Well located in center of town, near social life & restaurants and within easy walk of the walls sorrounfing this historic town. Room was good with all usual amenities. Well received at reception, friendly & helpful.Secure parking available at a normal cost

Room Tip: best rooms are to the front, but more expensive
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple