“Purpose Built”
Review of Crowne Plaza Lille

Crowne Plaza Lille
Ranked #27 of 107 Hotels in Lille
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for two nights on business. Check-in was fast, lift card swipe wasn't very intuitive, rooms excellently laid out with all you'd expect of a modern, purpose built hotel.

Excellent location next to Eurostar and 5mins walk into the centre of town.

Breakfast was charged at 19EUR both mornings, even though I didn't actually imbibe or consume anything (just sat down with colleagues) and it should have been included in my business room rate anyway. Questioned this at reception, but wasn't getting a positive response and had to pay and leave in order to catch my train back to the UK. I'll give them the benefit of doubt and assume with more time they would have relented and removed the extra charges........

Great for business, but wouldn't pay the rate for personal travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald0Burgundy
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Ronald0Burgundy,

Thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

We're pleased to see that you had a good stay with us.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Jean-Vianney Plays

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for a conference, the hotel is located next to the train central station.
The room is really well designed and modern, I loved it.
The bed is really comfortable and the bathroom pampering.
The service at the bar is excellent.
The WiFi is available anywhere in the hotel without any interference.
The Breakfast is poor but OK.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear DanR31,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor, following your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Lille.

It was a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again,

Jean-Vianney Plays

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is right next to the hub of Lille Flandres & Lille Europe stations. I chose this hotel because of location and that is its main positive. The hotel is reasonably modern with large sized rooms and big beds. I was on the 3rd floor and couldn't really hear anything so the soundproofing was good. I wanted to order some room service but unfortunately the phones (2) in my room didn't work. All of the buttons are pre-programmed for room service, reception, etc but none of them worked. I could get an outside line so called the hotel externally - and still no answer! I went down to reception and the guy said he heard the phone ringing but was checking-in someone and was too busy to answer! Perhaps they could have more than one person on reception. The guy at reception took my order and passed it onto the kitchen. When my vegetable soup arrived, it was completely inedible. Someone had put a HUGE amount of pepper into it. Lucky it came with a few bread rolls so I had something to eat. And of course I couldn't complain because the phones didn't work! I wasn't rude to the receptionist so I don't know if it was deliberate or not. The buffet breakfast is just OK but at least edible. Frankly, I was quite happy to catch my train and leave.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank meatybite
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

We are truly sorry for this disagreement about the room service and we assure you that it was not in our purpose for the vegetables soup. I shared your issue with all the staff and it would not happen anymore.

By the way I hope you enjoy your staying despite this inconvenience.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel and will do the best to satisfy all your needs.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Super modern hotel with large, clean, tastefully decorated rooms and huge beds! Although the hotel is on a busy main road the sound proofing was excellent, allowing a good nights sleep. The buffet breakfast food was poor to say the least. Unfortunately the breakfast room staff were unhelpful and aloof.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrionyMartin
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

On the one hand we are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and his rooms. On the other hand we are a bit disappointed that our breakfast did not convinced you and our team was not enough helpful.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

It's ok, but a bit dated and slightly tatty in places. They didn't offer a priority club platinum upgrade (most IHG hotels seem to without asking if you're a platinum member ) but they did oblige when asked.
Staff all pleasant enough, but it didn't feel like the kind of hotel you'd want to hang out for more than one night. location is superb though, right on top of train station. its a 10 minute walk into old lille. One final thing - the gym/fitness room is not up to much. One treadmill and a bunch of random chairs. Also, treadmill unusable if you're more than 5 ft 6" - you'll hit your head on the ceiling.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jaguarpaw_10

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read your frustration during your stay. I will inform the staff to be friendlier and pay more attention to our loyal guests. We are also planning to renovate the fitness centre and we hear your recommendation.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Quiet, but in the middle of Lille. Hotel en service is good. Breakfast is compleet. The center of Lille is about 10 min to walk. In the front of the hotel is train, bus and metro. Friendly personal staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am happy you enjoyed our service and the location of the hotel. I hope your romantic break was pleasant and you had a good time in Lille. We have created the new package for the “Mother’s Day” which is included a free treatment with our partner D-SPA CLARINS. Rose, Cocktail and Breakfast are also included and a special Discount in our Restaurant “Le Plaza” from 24 to 26 May.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located right next to Lille Europe train station. The rooms are basic and clean. The bathroom is inside the room behind glass which is partly transparent, so maybe not the best option for non-romantic friends travelling together.

The main issue we had is that we booked and paid for a deluxe room (on an external booking website - booking.com) but were checked into what looked like a standard room. When I went down to query this with reception I was told that yes we were in a standard room, but the room price we actually paid was for the equivalent of a standard room. I asked them what class of room they had on their booking system and was told they had no class of room documented with the online booking (!).

I had to look up my reservation confirmation using the internet on my mobile phone to show them that I had a documented booking receipt for a deluxe room at the price paid. Then we were changed to a deluxe room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rogeredit

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read your frustration about your booking issue. Actually, we have this trouble with some others websites because they don’t pay attention about the subtlety between a “Deluxe Room” and, in French, “Chambre de luxe”. We are working on this issue and hope to resolve it in the next few weeks.