“perfect for a short trip”
Review of Crowne Plaza Lille

Crowne Plaza Lille
Ranked #25 of 107 Hotels in Lille
london
“perfect for a short trip”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

we arrived by euro-star which is across the road and why we picked the hotel, although we were early the room was ready and check in was quick and simple the room was exactly as advertised and was clean and well equipped. The staff were very pleasant and the whole experience for this type of short visit could not be better. It is a short walk to the shopping center and the restaurants of Lille . The morning buffet breakfast which is very reasonable if you buy it as part of the room package was of a high quality and very varied and plentiful. At check out they safely secured our luggage and we could make the most of the day before returning to have a drink at the bar and then crossing the road back on to Euro star. All in all the perfect choice for a short break if you are using Euro star

Room Tip: upper floors for the views?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hayesone
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying a tour hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read our guests enjoyed both our quality of service and the location. Furthermore, I hope your romantic break was pleasant and you had a good time in France.

Beyond your expectations, we are creating new packages, which may seduce you for your next stay in Lille.

Jean-Vianney Plays,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Franklin, TN
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Lille on 29 March. It was an unexpected visit, as we arrived in Calais too late to make it all the way to CDG that night, and opted to travel as far as Lille. I had no reservations, and knew nothing about Lille or what kind of accommodations would be available upon our late arrival at 2200. As a frequent Crowne Plaza guest in the US, I was relieved to find one near the train station. There were rooms available (we needed two with our kids), but at the rate of E150 per night, plus an additional E65 in tax. They only had four rooms left that night, so I guess they had no reason to come off the price. I wasn't in a mood to argue the point that late at night.

I liked the fact that the Internet was included, and that a key card was necessary to access the lift. The room I stayed in was at the end of the hall, and there were no overhead lights in the last section, which I perceive as a security issue. The room itself was nice, thought I thought the patterned glass enclosure around the bathroom was odd, and a little awkward with one's children in the room. The Internet was so slow as to be almost unusable. I tried it on both my MacBook and iPhone, with the iPhone being a little faster. Everything else about the room was fine, and generally up to Crowne Plaza standards.

If you are traveling by train, you can't beat the convenience of the station, especially the Lille Europe which is right across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jaxin
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately we were almost full and your late arrival didn’t allow us to satisfy your visit like we would like. Internet is free for basics operations like email or social networking.

By the way, I hope you have appreciated the comfort of the Crowne Plaza – Lille Euralille. We are projecting to create a special family offer in the next few days.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 31, 2013

So, just to be fair, the rooms have some cool design elements and at a glance the they look nice. That is why I'm not rating my experience here as "Terrible".

The room they checked me into smelled like someone was chain smoking in it all night long the night before - the kind of dusty old smoke smell you find in casinos. I should also point out that I am a smoker, and usually don't mind a slight smoke smell... this room however stank bad and I did not want to leave in the morning smelling like this room.

When I went to the lobby to ask for a different room, the receptionist instead called housekeeping to have them spray the room with "magic" air freshener for me. I insisted they put me into a different room... and got a downgrade to a smaller room.

This new room has stains on the carpet, chipped furniture, some kind of permanent stains on the side table and coffee table, and brown spots on the bedding which look like they could be either chocolate, blood or poo. Not sure. At least the new room smells better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read your disappointment during your stay. We are also apologized for the smoking smell because the entire hotel is a non-smoker. We assure you that all our rooms have a 30 m² and 70 m² for the suites.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel and will do the best to satisfy all your needs.

Aalborg
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Checked in at Crowne Plaza with greeting welcome of, a disturbing parking fee of nearly 20 euros/day. Crowne Plaza can offer you a daily parking rate of 15 Euros, however you must attend the reception before you drive to the underground parking space, around the hotel..not really convenient !
However, week-end parking (Fri-Mon) will only set you off with 30 Euro´s, which is reasonable. (for Lille)
It’s no secret that Crowne Plaza doesn’t come cheap, but a Gin and Tonic for an outrageous 13 Euro is a total rip off…on the other hand, with those prices, you can certainly keep your alcohol abuse under control.
Except for the massively expensive drinks, the rooms (executive) are very nice and clean. The free internet is good enough for basic news and radio stream, but needs an extra tad of speed for streaming TV/video.
High speed internet is available for 22 Euro/24 hours.
Breakfast is not impressive for 19 Euros…there is the basic normal stuff, but that’s it. Then I rather wait to grab a brunch at EuraLille (big shopping center) which is 5 minutes’ walk away.
The hotel is convenient place, close to the city centre (10 minutes’ walk) and the highway.
The staff is very nice and the hotel is very safe (do know if that´s an issue). No one gets into the elevator without a valid roomcard.
As Crowne Plaza is mostly used as a business hotel, it’s very quiet in the week-ends …so if you´re looking for a hotel with good action in the week-ends, it’s not here…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to read your frustration during your first stay in the hotel. Do not hesitate to contact us before in order to inform you about the access and others services.

By the way, I hope you have appreciated the comfort of the Crowne Plaza and the location.

West Sussex
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were on a package Eurostar City break, where the rate for this Hotel was included in the package. The paper work was readily accepted on check in but sadly on departure there seemed to be a problem with accepting this and was asked for the room to be paid again, which was a bit embarrassing. However, once the management were involved this problem was solved and in a friendly manner, just could have done without it really. Now, the Hotel is very nice and our room on the sixth floor was beautiful and light with a great view over the city and the parks. It is a fantastic location just metres away from the Eurostar station just over the road. The city itself is just a ten or fifteen minutes walk and a very pleasant one too. Lille old town is a great place. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again and would not let my check out experience cloud my experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room overlooking the city and parks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to read our guests enjoyed their staying in our hotel. I would like to apologize for the disagreement during the check-out. We have shared your trouble with the reception manager and the problem is under process to be resolved.

We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with. We are creating new packages, which may seduce you for your next stay in Lille.

Iasi
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have een there in the end of february and maybe ten times ago.
They have hight standards and they respect them.
The chief of reception keeps tthe level up.
Last year I have forgot my gold marriage ring in the bathroom the room maid have found it and put on the night stand.A fair lady from a 4 stars hotel!
A wonderful breakfast!

Room Tip: Try the rooms with a city wiew. The other are looking to a cemetery, but this is our last destinati...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SilviuIasi_Romania
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having your professional stay at our hotel and for posting such a pleasant review on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read our guests enjoyed both our quality of service and the location. Unfortunately we can’t change the environment but do not hesitate, if it’s possible, to ask a room with a view on the city.

We hope to be able to welcome you again at our hotel very soon,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Upgrade of the tv system means you can now watch BBC1&2 and C4 here !
Rooms have been improved - new carpets but upholstery a bit dated and the Philippe Starck ghost chairs now just look old fashioned ....
Breakfast ok - expensive buffet with a pretty dull choice - great croissants and bread as expected but pretty awful hot food choice - undercooked bacon, rubbery eggs ........ Could do better ........
staff at breakfast very friendly !

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Hort_and_Culture
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed our new TV program which was one of the expectations of our businessmen. I will personally ask to our service staff more rigor about the breakfast and staying friendly with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.