“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Lille

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Lille
Ranked #24 of 106 Hotels in Lille
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I think this just about makes a four out of five. Mainly for the location. We arrived via the Eurostar and the hotel was literally across the road. It was also five to ten minutes walk to the city centre. The bed was comfy and the shower and bathroom ok. The breakfast was good and had enough variety. The service was friendly and professional. Overall did not blow me away but was a good hotel at a good price.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed both our location, our rooms and our facilities. I hope your romantic break was pleasant and you had a good time.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best regards,

Jean-Vianney Plays, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is right next to the EuroLille Station. Even with the close proximity to the station there is no noise intrusion. The staff are very friendly and efficient. The bar is comfortable if a little expensive. The evening meal was delicious but I was surprised by the lack of choice. Breakfast choice was good but I thought £19 was a little rich. The EuroLille shopping complex is close by and the city centre is only a short walk.

The room was very comfortable with lots of space. The bathroom was excellent and there was a separate toilet. Overall impression was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting such a pleasant review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted you enjoyed the place of our hotel, the room and the quality of service. As a four-star hotel, our priority is to make your stay as pleasant as it can be.
Your comments have been shared with all the staff.

We hope to be able to welcome you again at our hotel very soon.

Best regards,

Jean-Vianney Plays, General Manager.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

To be honest I was very pleased just after I entered my room. Nice, modern room near train station and city centre. But to be honest again, while taking a shower I noticed all the waterstaines on the glassplate against the wall. After this I also noticed round dried waterstains from the bottom of a glass and I started to wonder what else was not cleaned in this room?!

After paying 19 euro for my breakfast the next morning and 3 euro to get it served in my room AND since there are other hotels in the same area I decided I will not book this hotel again..... Surely also because i was not approached by the most friendly personell

By the way... Free wifi only the first 24 hours, lucky for me I just stayed one night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Usually there's only one thing about a hotel that could cause me to be upset enough to write a review on here. I try to write a review if the hotel is exceptional, or if it is exceptionally bad. In this case it's mediocre. Upon arrival the room wasn't made, which is bad, but whatever.

The breakfast is mediocre at best, although I've noticed this repeating at the European hotels I'm staying in these days and I'm starting to think it's just European breakfast in general I don't like.

On to the big unsettling point: The internet speed is, without a doubt, the worst I've experienced since my dialup modem in 1994. I had to wait five minutes for this site to load so that I may write this review. I haven't experienced speeds this slow in 15 years. So if anyone needs the internet for business or to communicate back home: Don't bother. God help you if you want to Skype or FaceTime.

All-in-all it's not a bad hotel. The traffic noise out front is annoying but it's close to local flair and has a decent view. In the end I don't like to complain about hotels I stay in for free but this one was a doozy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

I deplore any hotel in Europe has been able to satisfy your breakfast's expectations. Do we, as European, have a 1994 idea of what a full breakfast is?
As per the wireless connection, we were glad to offer you a free connection both for laptop and smartphone through one of the most well-known provider worldwide. What you called a 1994 speed is the first basic one. However, as mentioned on your homepage while connecting, you could have been able to afford a faster one for a charge of 22€/24 hours. Of course, you will easily understand that it is not a 1994 rate.

I was really surprised you found annoying the traffic noise, as you are the first customer to complain about this out of 291 607 ones in 10 years! Moreover, if you take the time to read the comments on Tripadvisor, you will notice soundproofing is a main asset of our hotel.

Finally, I would personnally like to thank you for granting such a perfect rate to our bedding. I'm very glad you noticed the special care we pay to our rooms and to their design.

Jean-Vianney Plays, General Manager
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well placed and convenient for both the train and meetings planned.

However, nothing on the booking information, nothing in the hotel and nothing in the room indicated that breakfast would be charged a 19€.

The only indication of a charge for breakfast was on the door hanger made available if you wanted to order breakfast to be served in your room, implying that it was a charge for the facility room service.

A nasty surprise that sours an otherwise perfectly acceptable experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeinfranceSavenay
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is in a great location directly across the road from the station and offers god sized, clean and comfortable accommodation. The reception staff were friendly and polite. Our only error was to eat in the restaurant which was over priced and underwhelming! Our €6 glass of wine was sparingly poured and being charged €7 for water seemed extreme! We would stay again but make use of the many restaurants and bars in town rather than eating in.

• Stayed October 2012
Sheerness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

4 star don't make me laugh, arrived and air conditioning was not working. Room temperature must have been over 100 deg. Some cold water in the room might have been nice. Breakfast stone cold. One of our party was knocking on kitchen door to speak to the chef. Did not improve for 3 days. Lifts totally erratic. TV in room not working. We ordered 2 gin and tonics, Bombay Sapphire gin poured beautifully only to be informed after 5 minutes that there was no tonic. To top it all ordered cognac instead only be told there wasn't any. At €150 per I was appalled. Enough said.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RFS29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear RFS29,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that we were not able to be at par with your expectations on this day, particularly with the room accommodations that you received and breakfast not living up to promise. I appreciate you bringing these matters into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Pam G.