“Good quality food”
Review of Il Ristorante

Il Ristorante
Reserve with
Il Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,547 Restaurants in Lille
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good quality food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant Really good, the quality excellent which is something rare in Lille! The service was excellent although they kept changing waitress which caused confusion. They have a menu in English that really helps. The quality of the food was excellent, my carbonara was one of the best I have had. Drinks prices were good, around 22 euros for prosecco. The restaurant is very big so loses a bit of atmosphere but was very clean and good quality so I would recommend.

Stratford-upon-avon
“lovely evening”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very accomodating considering we did not book & it was Saturday evening. Spacious but great atmosphere. Charming waitress. Good food and wine and good value for money. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited January 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“An sad experience! Nice Maitre d' but the rest didnt match up”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We hadnt booked but the restaurant was maybe just over a third full when we entered . In terms of ambience it seemed very nice and we were shown to our table. I ordered some wine first and then perused the food menu. So far so good. We could see the people on the table next to us getting more and more agitated as others tucked into bread but we and they hadnt got anty. As they had drinks I guessed they had been here at least 10 mins longer than us. We ordered 2 starters and three mains but still the wine hadnt arrived, so we asked for it. A couple of minutes later the woman from the next table got up and served herself to a basket of bread. Our food arrived seconds after the wine, and we asked for bread, which we got. Both mine and my girlfriends starters looked quite nice but our friend , who speaks fluent French had specifically asked for her dish to be served with the Mains. They took it away. Five minutes later another waitress brought it back out and tried to serve it to my friend and you could clearly see it had been sitting under the pass the entire time and was starting to dry out. They took it away. Then the table next to us gave up , they hadnt had anything else from the kitchen and simply left. I then found tuna in my verdura alla griglia and complained to the waitress who told me I was mistaken and that there was no tuna or any other fish on the dish. My girlfriend , who does eat fish tasted it and confirmed it was tuna, but was told the same story. (as It turns out , it was my fault as I had missed the reference to it in a description of the dish but felt I was safe with grilled vegetables!). I told her to take it away and as she did so my friends pasta re-appeared for the third time together with our pizzas even though my girlfriend was still eating her starter. I complained to the waitress but she simply said sorry and plonked them down. Needless to say my friends pasta was still the same one and even drier at this point. We then had to ask them to bring us knives and forks to eat with ! No-one seemed to notice that they had clearer them away with the remnants of the starter. I asked to speak to the manageress.
The manageress was apologetic and to give her her due tried to smooth over the problems we had had. She was understanding , charming and very fair. She took off the cost of the starter and offered us extras as a way of saying sorry. It was appreciated but couldnt make up for the debacle that had gone on before. I hope our was a one off experience but given the actions of the table next to us I wonder.

• Visited November 2012
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A great find in Lille city centre!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On our hunt for a 'proper' restaurant (i.e. not a French cafe) during our trip to Lille my partner and I came across this place thanks to TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try.

Immediately upon entering we knew we'd like the place - contemporary decor, rows of freshly baked bread waiting for new guests, and friendly staff. It felt like an upmarket restaurant but the prices were very reasonable for a city centre Italian (a little over 40euro for two main courses, two desserts and two diet cokes).

I had the carbonara which I was very pleased with - fresh homemade pasta, generous portion sizes and the chef hadn't made the mistake of making it too 'eggy'. It was creamy and yet felt light, so all very nice. My other half had the lasagne which came out piping hot and was so good he said he could have eaten it twice. The bread basket that accompanied the meal was also delicious, I don't know whether it was but it certainly tasted as though it had been home baked.

Unfortunately for me the dessert let the place down a little bit. I ordered the homemade vanilla panacotta with hot nutella sauce. I have to be honest and say it was pretty tasteless. The only thing giving any flavour was the sauce (although I'm not convinced it was nutella, more like milk chocolate). My partner had the profiteroles though (and a very large portion too) and he wolfed them down exclaiming it was the best dessert he had had in ages.

Despite the fact I didn't really enjoy my dessert, I would definitely return (and just try something else!). There was a great atmosphere (it was pretty empty when we arrived just after 7pm but by the time we left it was packed) and it was generally just a very nice place to spend the evening.

• Visited July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“fab food, great athmosphere”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My daughter found this restaurant up a side street in Lille. It is a very big restaurant. It was almost empty when we arrived but filled up really quickly. The staff were friendly and spoke quite good english. The menu was big and very varied. We had the antipasti for starter. It was absolutely delicious and we loved it all. It came with a selection of hot bread and good quality olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. The main courses were delicious and we even left room for dessert. They had a great option of ordering mini desserts which were delicious. Good value and would definitley go again

• Visited February 2012