“A great find in Lille city centre!”
Review of Il Ristorante

Il Ristorante
Reserve with
Il Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,547 Restaurants in Lille
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A great find in Lille city centre!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On our hunt for a 'proper' restaurant (i.e. not a French cafe) during our trip to Lille my partner and I came across this place thanks to TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try.

Immediately upon entering we knew we'd like the place - contemporary decor, rows of freshly baked bread waiting for new guests, and friendly staff. It felt like an upmarket restaurant but the prices were very reasonable for a city centre Italian (a little over 40euro for two main courses, two desserts and two diet cokes).

I had the carbonara which I was very pleased with - fresh homemade pasta, generous portion sizes and the chef hadn't made the mistake of making it too 'eggy'. It was creamy and yet felt light, so all very nice. My other half had the lasagne which came out piping hot and was so good he said he could have eaten it twice. The bread basket that accompanied the meal was also delicious, I don't know whether it was but it certainly tasted as though it had been home baked.

Unfortunately for me the dessert let the place down a little bit. I ordered the homemade vanilla panacotta with hot nutella sauce. I have to be honest and say it was pretty tasteless. The only thing giving any flavour was the sauce (although I'm not convinced it was nutella, more like milk chocolate). My partner had the profiteroles though (and a very large portion too) and he wolfed them down exclaiming it was the best dessert he had had in ages.

Despite the fact I didn't really enjoy my dessert, I would definitely return (and just try something else!). There was a great atmosphere (it was pretty empty when we arrived just after 7pm but by the time we left it was packed) and it was generally just a very nice place to spend the evening.

• Visited July 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“fab food, great athmosphere”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My daughter found this restaurant up a side street in Lille. It is a very big restaurant. It was almost empty when we arrived but filled up really quickly. The staff were friendly and spoke quite good english. The menu was big and very varied. We had the antipasti for starter. It was absolutely delicious and we loved it all. It came with a selection of hot bread and good quality olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. The main courses were delicious and we even left room for dessert. They had a great option of ordering mini desserts which were delicious. Good value and would definitley go again

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sandy1516
Chichester, United Kingdom
“A deservedly popular Italian restaurant”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I found this restaurant in a side street in Lille on a Saturday evening when most other restaurants were either empty or with no more than a couple of diners. Not this one - it was packed with singles, couples and families! But the very pleasant staff found me a table quickly and I was served promptly with the meal I ordered. The food served was good, hot, well cooked and well presented. All through the meal further customers arrived and all were accommodated without any queuing. The final bill was very reasonable for what turned out the best meal of that weekend. Il Ristorante is part of a small group of Italian restaurants in France who clearly have set themselves high standards which they are meeting and they seem very popular with the locals of Lille. It is open 7 days a week.

• Visited January 2012