All reviews traditional french hotel eurostar station would stay here again excellent location star hotel main square lovely hotel rooms are small good size centre france receptionist fi
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Nice hotel if you are on a budget. Great location, close to railroad station and city center. Nice staff, free WI-FI, good breakfast. But rooms are small, very small closet and bathrooms. Basic hotel, nothing extra.

Room Tip: Basic hotel
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We have stayed in many hotels in France as our Daughter lives in Paris.we loved it ,took you back in time in a nice way. Stairs and landings fantastic.Our room was a double was a good size as French hotels go. No problem with wifi.Staff are great .Breakfast good value for money .Would have liked tea coffee facilities in room. Location great took us 15 mins to walk from Eurostar station. Plenty places to eat and drink within 5 min walk. 1 min walk into main square.Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank mantamanMerseyside
Reviewed April 6, 2017

The hotel is centrally located, a short walk to old Lille, a short walk from modern Lille - it is a quirky hotel, with great pictures on the wall. It was clean, comfortable, and our rate included continental breakfast which was more than adequate. The staff were more than helpful and I would certainly stay there again. We had no problem at all with wifi, and I was even allowed to ring England without extra charge.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Not a great hotel. Centrally located my arrival / check-in was swift with the desk manager simply giving me the key. No ID check , no Credit card swipe - strange.

Room was a double but small. Very old decor and the bed cover filthy. Shower good which was a pleasant surprise. The real issue was the wifi. It was free which is just as well as it didn't work. I tried with 3 devices. The manager suggested I work from the breakfast room /bar and gave me an alternative network. This was slow but I got my emails out. Manager offered me a free beer hence raising my rating.

This is a basic hotel and if you can get a really low rate then ok but there are many other hotels close by that offer better value for money. Btw - wifi seems to be an issue in Lille. I tried 4 cafes before finding one that had a wifi that worked.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank stevenw60
Reviewed December 4, 2016

Lovely hotel, a little old fashioned but all the better for that. The service we received was superb. The rooms were small but well appointed and the bathrooms clean and the shower was good. If we return to Lille we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family