Hotel Brueghel
  • Pool
Olivarius Apart'Hotel(Villeneuve d'Ascq)
$85
Very Good 4/5
Ibis Lille Centre Gares(Lille)(Great Value!)
$68
ibis
$121
  • Restaurant
Campanile Lille - Euralille(La Madeleine)(Great Value!)
$114
$72
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdon't expect luxuryquaint hotelfrench hotelclose to the main squaretrain stationtriple roomcomfortable bedsdecent sizeold buildingcentral locationelevatorcentrepavementeurosproximityrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Every year I visit this hotel twice.
The hotelrooms are small, but lovely.
Don's expect 5* quality, but a very cute, romantic small hotel that could be the stage of on fifties movie. Every board creaks and the staff is very friendly and will tell you nice places to go for dinner etc.
This is just you're authentic nice place and so much more special than all those chainhotels! Did I mention the locatoion? It's perfect!

If you're a light sleeper bring earpluges to be on the safe side (you should always bring them when you travel anyway...)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CERAmsterdam
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Stayed here for the first time during La Braderie, arrived around 9.00am and had to leave luggage in 'luggage room' which was not secure. came back at 12.30 and got into room (607) very small for two people, a bit like the 'Crystal Maze' working out how to place suit cases so that we could open the shower room door. Room really only suitable for one person.
On arrival receptionist did not know if our room was ready or not and was not prepared to find out.
On arrival back at around 10.00pm we found that there was a generator running all night outside our window and the room was unbearably hot but due to the generator we could not open the window.
We spoke to a french family during our evening meal and they suggested that if you come during La Braderie (first weekend of September) then stay on the outskirts as you get better value for money and the Metro system runs all night.
Our room was 120 Euro per night (room only) and the French family thought that this was very expensive for the area.
If you do stay here, do not have breakfast go to 'Paul' and have the 'Continental' for half the price of the hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank applegate69
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed here Sat 8th and Sun 9th May for a works conference. The hotel is well located near shops and old town where restaurants are, which is the main advantage of this hotel. When i checked into my room (406) i thought what a lovely view i had of St Maurice Church. However.... as the other reviewers correctly point out this is 'street side' and the noise from drinkers on the street below woke me continuously through the night. Also the walls in the hotel are paper thin and I heard a couple have a row and other noises which were not pleasant! It's not fun trying to get to sleep with your fingers in your ears! The cleanliness standards was the thing that annoyed me the most. Towels had stains on them which made we wonder if they were even clean, saw various bugs in my room (not cockroaches but still...), and when i walked around my room without socks on my feet were black. There were hairs of previous guests still in the shower, there was no shower curtain which obviously meant a soaking wet floor after showering. That was the day I could shower because the water was either so freezing or scalding hot to the point where the second day I didn't even bother having a shower, just washed my hair over the side of the bath. If this is typical two star accomodation then it's not for me. This is an expensive city but if i were you looking for a hotel in Lille i would advise spending more to guarantee a clean hotel where you'll get a good nights sleep. Other things that let it down, no tea/coffee making facilities or safety deposit box in room - again what i'd expect from any hotel. Look elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2009

This hotel is in a great location for exploring Lille. The lobby is very charming as is the awesome, old school cage elevator. Very friendly reception. As for the rooms, they are functional if basic. We had a great view of the Eglise St. Maurice. The bed was small, old and springy, not very comfortable and the room (although containing some neat old furniture) seemed to be painted entirely over with the same brush. I found it fair for the price, but it's too bad the warmth and charm of the lobby didn't extend to the rooms. That said, it seems to be hard to find something charming and central in Lille, unless you want to pay through the nose to stay at the Hermitage Gantois (which by the way was less central) Had the breakfast one morning with cold coffee and a few pastries. Better to spend the extra and cross the Grande Place over to Meert.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2009

This was a very lovely hotel and one of the better 2* ones that we checked out in Lille. The staff were very friendly and very eager to tell us about what we could do over the weekend.

The room was very charming with romantic French décor and an ultra modern bathroom.

It is also centrally located which made it perfect for us!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends