Hotel Lille Europe
$133
$121
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Lille Centre Gares(Lille)(Great Value!)
$68
ibis
$107
$102
Travelocity
$182
$167
  • Restaurant
Campanile Lille - Euralille(La Madeleine)(Great Value!)
$114
Travelocity
$96
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewslille europeshopping malleurostar stationcroissantsmini barmodern buildingcity centrehamfew minutes walkstar hotelfirst floortravelling by trainrooms are cleanboiled eggscarrefour supermarkettea making facilitiesexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Recently travelled to Lille with friends by Eurostar, hence the rather crass review title, and was booked into the Hotel Europe which was classed as a budget hotel and yet it exceeded our expectation.

Ideal location as it is less than 5 minutes walk from the Eurostar station and less than 10 minutes from the "Grand Place2 main square.

Clean, tidy, with generally friendly staff, on the whole a worthwhile destination for the weekend leisure or business traveller.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

if you're arriving into Lille by train, especially by Eurostar, this hotel is pretty much impossible to miss, yet in a safe & friendly area (which says a lot about a lovely, compact city). attached to the sprawling Euralille shopping mall, yet only a five minute walk from the very heart of the city, it's a small business hotel with minimal character but far outpunches its weight - staff friendly & efficient, rooms modern & spotlessly clean, breakfast buffet fresh & varied - and always so modestly priced. for a short break, and a perfect base to explore the city, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonGraeme
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for train travellers; we arrived here by train and were at the hotel in a few minutes! Definitely recommend it if you're travelling only for a few days and need to be close to the train stations. It is also near the main town centre by foot. The wifi wasn't working when we were there so the receptionist was nice enough to give us a free beer on the house. Minibar, television and a great bathroom. Can't ask for more! Comfortable enough bed as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've recently stayed one night at the hotel Lille Europe and – overall – I was happy with this choice.

Location:
======
The hotel is located perfectly for travelers arriving by train because it's just 5 minutes on foot to both main train stations: Lille Flandres station (with regional trains for example to Liege) as well as the relatively new Lille Europe station (Eurostar train from London St. Pancras, Brussels, and Paris).

Another positive aspect is that the hotel is located basically next door to the huge and modern Euralille shopping mall. To get to the center of the city on foot is also easily possible. In less than 15 minutes most people will be at the Grand Place, the central square in Lille already. Lille itself is a nice, compact town and well worth a day trip or more.

I've arrived late at night (around 11 pm) at Lille Europe station and my impression of the immediate surroundings of the hotel were not bad: It's relatively quiet at night, although with an important thoroughfare road close by. Unlike some other train stations in the world, I didn't see any “shady” characters near the train station or the hotel upon arriving at night. Everything looked OK.

Room:
=====
I thought the room was fine. It was large enough to be able to move around and to put your suitcases somewhere and it was also pretty quiet (5th floor if I remember correctly). The bedroom as well as the bathroom were clean, though the bathroom was not 100% so (stains on the toilet bowl). The towels and amenities were OK as well. The cheap looking hairdryer didn't work properly.
I didn't turn on the air conditioning as the temperature in the room was perfect anyway. It was possible to open the window a bit. But in the morning traffic noise was then clearly audible. The bed was comfortable – no complaints here. There was a flat screen TV with mostly French programs and a minibar with moderate though certainly not inexpensive beverage prices.

Facilities:
======
The hotel is officially rated as a 3 star hotel, though judging from the hotel logos by the elevator for example you can see that it originally was only a 2 star hotel. Obviously they have modernized the hotel to make it a 3 star hotel. I've been to 4 star hotels in my life that were worse than this 3 star hotel that actually deserves its star rating in my opinion.

There's an internet corner on the first (or was it the second?) floor with an old PC, a printer and two inoperative telephone booths; I don't recall how much it cost to surf the Web. Right next to that, when you exit the elevator to get to the restaurant, there's a nice lounge with a telly and some (slightly worn) leather sofas where one can relax for a while or read a book or whatever.

The elevators (lifts) were quick and large enough for people with baggage / luggage.
The restaurant was very nice: Very nice design with a good view of the lively square in front of the hotel (entrance to the shopping mall). Breakfast itself was OK: Croissants, juices, coffee. Not overwhelming but good enough in my opinion.

People:
=====
The front desk employee that checked me in was very friendly and helpful. As my booking didn't include breakfast I was offered continental breakfast for 10 Euros which I accepted. I was offered to pay cash for it or to put it on the bill. Next morning I went to the breakfast room without anyone asking for my room number to check whether breakfast was included in my booking or not... Anyhow: the staff members at the restaurant kept themselves mostly in the background and were mainly around in the restaurant to either restock items or to clean tables.

Checkout was quick and efficient. Hotel guests seemed to be mostly people arriving or departing from the train stations. I saw business travelers as well as tourists at the hotel.

Conclusion:
========
Overall, the hotel Lille Europe proved to be a good choice for a single night stay. I'm not sure if I wanted to stay there for a much longer period of time though.
The last time I was in Lille (years ago) I remember I'd stayed at the Ibis hotel, also near the train station. In my opinion the Lille Europe hotel is clearly superior to the Ibis and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again - at least for a good price (i.e., under 100 Euros during the peak travel season).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank my_traveler
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here last weekend from 27-30th Sept. This hotel is in a good location less than 5 minutes walk from the Eurostar & 10 minute walk to the centre of Lille. Rooms are basic but very clean & would recommend this hotel as a good budget one. The only thing negative about it was how hot our room was, no A/C or fan and wouldn't like to stay here in the middle of summer. Overall very happy with what we paid and what the hotel was like but and at the end of the day we only slept here and showered before going out in the evening so were not there very much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple