“My favourite brasserie in Lille”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brasserie Andre

Brasserie Andre
Ranked #155 of 1,500 Restaurants in Lille
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, Canada
“My favourite brasserie in Lille”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Try the veal kidneys, there are amazing. Old style brasserie, you could feel back in the 60's, worth the price of the meal,

Visited August 2012

Woking, United Kingdom
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Quite superb. Visited here after a recommendation for a long leisurely lunch on a Saturday in December. I made a provisional reservation by diving in at around 11 and speaking to the head waiter but I'm not sure if it made much difference! We arrived at 2pm and the restaurant was reassuringly packed full - got a table at about 2.10pm. Fantastic bottle of house red wine, starters and mains came to an incredible €120. Honourable mention also for the steak frites - absolute perfection. If you are looking for a brasserie lunch or dinner in Lille, head to Brasserie Andre - you will not be left disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
“Brasserie André simply the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is my favourite restaurant! Here I can have my dream meal: prawns in a very light, tempura like batter, followed by the best Steak Tartare (here called Fillet Américain on the menu) I have ever had, which is why I return whenever I’m in Lille. The steak, finely minced (none of this horrid chopped beef!) with the usual ingredients beautifully balanced, comes with delicious thin chips. All accompanied by a glass of Bordeaux.

This is an authentic brasserie with wood panelled walls. The tablecloths and napkins are crisp and white. The service is discreet but brilliant. You have only to raise an eye and you will be acknowledged and attended to as soon as possible. I’ve been there alone and with my husband and we have always been warmly welcomed. Just writing about it makes me want to rush back.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Patricia S
Brussels, Belgium
“A convivial, and fine, brasserie, in Lilles.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Visting Lille for the first time, on a cold and dreary Saturday afternoon, I dined at the Brasserie Andre with a friend, on the recommendation of other travelers and reviews on this site. I concur wholeheartedly with the endorsements of others. The food was excellent, the croquettes the finest I have ever savored, the sauces complex, and complementary to the things they adorned. The service was convivial, warm, gracious, and attentive, without being the least bit interfering. On that cold, grey, rainy, evening, the warmth and generosity of this restaurant will long be remembered as a near Godsend. Bravo et merci bien!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank jamesday
Winchester, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,142 helpful votes
“Beautiful traditional French restaurant, great food and wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The restaurant is a joy to be in, with wooden walls, painted glass and mirrors, chandelier lighting. It is a picture of what you would want from a traditional French restaurant. We started with some home made rolls and home-made pate - moist, delicious and enough for a main course really. The bottle of Ch. La Cordonne 2005 was well served and very tasty. For the main course I had the house speciality of fillet steak with a flambe brandy and pepper sauce. The accompanying frites were claimed by the waiter to be the best in France and were certainly very good. My companion had a kidney dish, served in a bowl with a great sauce. Once again, this was top class. The service was absolutely what you would expect in an up-market establishment. We were joined by some friends and enjoyed a bottle of Ch de Sales 2008 Pomerol. The waiter kindly suggested that he delayed our main course slightly, so we could synchronise with our friends' main course. It would be difficult to fault this excellent restaurant.

• Visited August 2012