“Everything under one roof”
Review of Carrefour de Lille

Carrefour de Lille
Ranked #11 of 45 Shopping in Lille
More attraction details
Owner description: A gourmet food shop specializing in the delicacies of the region.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This probably my one port of call before I return to my hotel in the evening. I love a supermarket when I'm holiday but this exceeds them all! The choice is amazing, bottled water starting at 90c for 6 bottles right up to high end expensive fizzy spring water. The choice is endless! I also make a swift visit to the Cola isle as this is the only place I can find full fat caffein free branded cola! The confectionary isle is something to behold, I could easily spend a good half hour there alone. The food in general is exceptionally good quality and very well priced. On the second floor (its a hulk of a store) I stock up on pens and stationary and the it is often half the price as I would pay back home for biro's and markers. The only downsides to this store is it's huge size and the fact that nobody speaks english which can sometimes present a problem at the checkout. It constantly busy as this is the only major hypermarket in the centre of Lille. But if you are looking for good food and value for money, this store has it. More choice than you can shake a stick at.

3  Thank Sharon J

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lots of lovely shops in this centre. A lot of high street names but also quite a few unknown shops. A good choice of places to eat and not too far from some beautiful and scenic squares as is typical of mainland Europe. I've had lots of pleasant days out in Lille over the years and I'm sure there are still a lot more to come...

2  Thank Ash H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Massive shopping centre next to Lille Eurostar Station, it has all the standard European high street shops plus some French speciality shops. It also houses a Carrefour and several food outlets.

Something to do if you are waiting for a connection in Lille or to stock up on cheap wine etc before boarding a Eurostar to the UK

2  Thank Phatbloke
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Worst experience ever.
I am a 50yo old man, neat, educated, not looking threatening at all. I entered the store with a backpack (yes tourists carry backpacks). While I was walking though the gate, a guard standing outside the supermarket screamed a loud and obnoxious "Monsieur!". I stopped right on. He came to me and asked "what's in the backpack" . I told him that this was none of its business. He then put a plastic clip on the zipper to lock the main pocket. And then inspected the content of a shopping bag containing souvenirs that I purchased in the Old Lille. During that time groups of loud and acting up teenagers much more threatening than i was in my opinion walked though the gate without any issue at all. As I do not like to be singled out in any way, I told the guard that this was no a fashion to treat foreign visitors and that such behaviour would not be tolerated in the country i came from (Canada). I reluctantly purchased a few snacks for my trip back to Paris. The cashier again asked to check the content of my shopping bag. I sort of lost it and asked "how many times are you going to treat me like a thief ?" . To which I was answered "I am just doing my job if you do not like it complain to security" . I then had to return to the first guard to get the plastic clip on my bag cut off. Terrible , terrible experience.
I will never ever step in a Carrefour in my life and will make sure that anyone I know will never do it again. They do not deserve any business from "civilized" visitors.

6  Thank TorontoFR
See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the largest Carrefour I'd ever seen—basically the French equivalent of a Walmart Supercenter but with some high end touches. There's an amazing bakery and a extensive cheese aisle complete with ladies ready to cut fresh wedges to order. Plus, there's also a really inexpensive prepared food aisle with everything from rotisserie chickens to sandwiches (just €0.79 for a jambon beurre sandwich!). In the end, it's just a Carrefour so nothing to get insanely excited about but it's kind of fun wandering around the massive store.

1  Thank framboise8

Been to Carrefour de Lille? Share your experiences!