“Huge shopping centre with a great choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Carrefour de Lille

Carrefour de Lille
Ranked #6 of 41 Shopping in Lille
More attraction details
Owner description: A gourmet food shop specializing in the delicacies of the region.
London, England, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Huge shopping centre with a great choice”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lots of lovely shops in this centre. A lot of high street names but also quite a few unknown shops. A good choice of places to eat and not too far from some beautiful and scenic squares as is typical of mainland Europe. I've had lots of pleasant days out in Lille over the years and I'm sure there are still a lot more to come...

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Ash H

London, United Kingdom
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Busy Huge Shopping”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Massive shopping centre next to Lille Eurostar Station, it has all the standard European high street shops plus some French speciality shops. It also houses a Carrefour and several food outlets.

Something to do if you are waiting for a connection in Lille or to stock up on cheap wine etc before boarding a Eurostar to the UK

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Phatbloke
Toronto, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Stay away”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Worst experience ever.
I am a 50yo old man, neat, educated, not looking threatening at all. I entered the store with a backpack (yes tourists carry backpacks). While I was walking though the gate, a guard standing outside the supermarket screamed a loud and obnoxious "Monsieur!". I stopped right on. He came to me and asked "what's in the backpack" . I told him that this was none of its business. He then put a plastic clip on the zipper to lock the main pocket. And then inspected the content of a shopping bag containing souvenirs that I purchased in the Old Lille. During that time groups of loud and acting up teenagers much more threatening than i was in my opinion walked though the gate without any issue at all. As I do not like to be singled out in any way, I told the guard that this was no a fashion to treat foreign visitors and that such behaviour would not be tolerated in the country i came from (Canada). I reluctantly purchased a few snacks for my trip back to Paris. The cashier again asked to check the content of my shopping bag. I sort of lost it and asked "how many times are you going to treat me like a thief ?" . To which I was answered "I am just doing my job if you do not like it complain to security" . I then had to return to the first guard to get the plastic clip on my bag cut off. Terrible , terrible experience.
I will never ever step in a Carrefour in my life and will make sure that anyone I know will never do it again. They do not deserve any business from "civilized" visitors.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank TorontoFR
New York
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Inexpensive prepared foods section”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the largest Carrefour I'd ever seen—basically the French equivalent of a Walmart Supercenter but with some high end touches. There's an amazing bakery and a extensive cheese aisle complete with ladies ready to cut fresh wedges to order. Plus, there's also a really inexpensive prepared food aisle with everything from rotisserie chickens to sandwiches (just €0.79 for a jambon beurre sandwich!). In the end, it's just a Carrefour so nothing to get insanely excited about but it's kind of fun wandering around the massive store.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank framboise8
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Everything in one place”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very good. Get all your food shopping from here before you get back. Lots of cheeses, wines and things we just don't have in the uk

1 Thank Happy_Traveller1980