Lowest prices for your stay
ibis Styles
Free cancellation until 09/30/22
Expedia.com$80
Priceline$81
Hotels.com$80
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2017

We stayed at the Ibis Styles on Rue Anatole France for 3 nights (Fri-Sun) whilst on a long weekend in Lille. I have found Ibis to be a little inconsistent in the past with some great hotels and some awful ones but luckily for us, this was a great one!

The lobby is small, colourful and welcoming, the check in was friendly, fast and simple. We stayed on the 4th floor so took the lift up (it is a tiny lift that can only fit two people with small bags and maybe only one person with a really large bag). It's quick though and we were soon in our room. The decor of the hotel is very colourful - we liked it although the carpets in the hallways are quite...interesting!

Rooms are fairly standard size for a European hotel, ours was very clean and tidy and it had everything just about everything needed for a weekend away. We stayed on the side of the hotel facing the street so we had floor to wall windows and a balcony - the view isn't amazing as you're just looking at the car park opposite but it was fine as we intended to be out most of the time. There was no air conditioning that I could see in the room but there is a large radiator. We turned it off the whole time we were there and at night I was too warm but my other half was fine. I'm not sure how warm it would be in summer...

The bathroom was clean and well proportioned, two shower towels and one hand towel are provided. You also get tissues and the bottle of soap that is for everything - hair, face and body all in one. It did us well enough but we did bring our own toiletries. The hair dryer was very good - one of the ones attached to the wall but powerful - the best hairdryer I've had in a hotel for a long while.

The only downsides to the room? Our room was street facing and the windows weren't soundproofed. The street is fairly quiet in terms of traffic however...the drunks were more of a problem. Every night I heard drunks singing, talking and generally making their stumbling way down the street - that said my other half slept through it all so maybe I'm just a very light sleeper. Otherwise, being really picky - they provide a bottle of water but it's a double room so two would have been nice. There are no tea or coffee making facilities. You can also hear absolutely everything going on in the bathroom - maybe not for you if you're shy ;-)

Location wise it's perfect - 30 seconds from the opera, 60 seconds from the Grand Place. We went out everyday and every evening and even on the Sunday there was plenty to keep us occupied and fed. I took the Eurostar to Lille and it's just 10 minutes walk from station to hotel so well located for rail travel.

My other half drove and parking is available at €16 a night in the car park across the road - pretty cheap compared to other city centre car parks so we'd recommend that.

Final point - breakfast was included in the rate and it was really very good - a good selection, good quality and nothing ran out. It was the typical continental breakfast - pastries, cheeses, hams, breads, yoghurt, fruits etc but we loved it. There's also a good selection of teas, a coffee machine that does espresso / americano / mocha and a fresh orange juicer if you want.

Overall - I would definitely recommend this hotel as good value, great location and clean, comfy rooms. It isn't high end but it did us very nicely for our stay. Thank you!

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the street if you're a light sleeper
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LionHeartedGirl
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Dear Lion HeatedGirl,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

A minute away from the Grand Place, in the heart of the Old City, this hotel is ideally located. The affordable carpark is just across the street. The staff is quite helpful.The rooms and the breakfast room are a bit small but you don't want to spend too much time there anyway. Pretty quiet if it had not been for the air-cooled modules.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear Kelilans,

Mail H9420@accor.com

Reviewed December 15, 2016

The IBIS Styles Lille Grand Place is one of the many IBIS places in Lille. It's in the heart of the city, just a few steps away from the Lille opera house. The rooms are small, very small even, but nicely decorated and functional. Spotlessly clean as well. Breakfast is good and the breakfast room is pleasant.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank koen_vm1
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

Reviewed December 14, 2016

I will start with the bad, which I have to say spoilt the stay for me and for that reason I would not return. The bedroom was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in, you could get beside the bed but there really was little room to even get dressed. There was a tressle type affair to put case or bag on which was tucked away but there really was nowhere to put it. Apart from that, the location is excellent, although with the road closures for xmas market and one way streets the satnav couldn't seem to find it. There is parking but from what I understand they only have 5 spaces in the car park which is opposite the hotel but I did book and they had reserved a space (14 e per night). The staff were all attentive and friendly and could not be faulted. The room was very clean. Breakfast was quite good, it was continental and even had fresh oranges to squeeze for your juice. The websites seem to suggest tea and coffee in the rooms, this is not the case they are at reception. The reception/eating area is quite small and there is no bar. The bathroom was very good, excellent shower and clean and did have a hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable. The lift is very small and will get 2 people and 2 cases and that's about it. We did not turn the tv on in the room so cannot comment on that. Overall if you want a fairly good value room close to the city centre and can put up with the tiny room it's ok. I am not normally one to worry too much about small rooms but this one was really just too small for me. We went for a weekend and visit the Christmas market. The market was good, the city didn't really have much atmosphere I didn't think and as we had a vegetarian in our group finding somewhere to get a vegetarian meal was VERY difficult and in fact asking at some restaurants for a vegetarian meal I felt was almost offensive! I do feel that some of the restaurants are missing a trick, put some veggie meals on your menu and get a tripadvisor note for veggie friendly and you will get more business but one feels it is almost a culture thing here and it's just not done.!!
This is obviosuly no criticism of the hotel and my rating has not been affected by it.
A bigger room and I would give it a 5

Room tip: Not really any views as far as I could see
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2016

Dear Guest,

Reviewed October 28, 2016

This is a functional, no frills place to stay about 100 yards from Place du Theatre, 15 minutes walk from Lille Europe and less than 10 from Lille Flandres station. It is spotlessly clean with a wonderfully comfortable bed, provides a more than adequate breakfast and has very friendly and helpful staff. The only gripe I have is that the pillows could be harder. It is perfect for singles, groups and families. I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Dear Colin M,