Lowest prices for your stay
ibis Styles
Free cancellation until 09/30/22
Expedia.com$80
Priceline$81
Hotels.com$80
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2016

I will start with the bad, which I have to say spoilt the stay for me and for that reason I would not return. The bedroom was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in, you could get beside the bed but there really was little room to even get dressed. There was a tressle type affair to put case or bag on which was tucked away but there really was nowhere to put it. Apart from that, the location is excellent, although with the road closures for xmas market and one way streets the satnav couldn't seem to find it. There is parking but from what I understand they only have 5 spaces in the car park which is opposite the hotel but I did book and they had reserved a space (14 e per night). The staff were all attentive and friendly and could not be faulted. The room was very clean. Breakfast was quite good, it was continental and even had fresh oranges to squeeze for your juice. The websites seem to suggest tea and coffee in the rooms, this is not the case they are at reception. The reception/eating area is quite small and there is no bar. The bathroom was very good, excellent shower and clean and did have a hair dryer. The bed was very comfortable. The lift is very small and will get 2 people and 2 cases and that's about it. We did not turn the tv on in the room so cannot comment on that. Overall if you want a fairly good value room close to the city centre and can put up with the tiny room it's ok. I am not normally one to worry too much about small rooms but this one was really just too small for me. We went for a weekend and visit the Christmas market. The market was good, the city didn't really have much atmosphere I didn't think and as we had a vegetarian in our group finding somewhere to get a vegetarian meal was VERY difficult and in fact asking at some restaurants for a vegetarian meal I felt was almost offensive! I do feel that some of the restaurants are missing a trick, put some veggie meals on your menu and get a tripadvisor note for veggie friendly and you will get more business but one feels it is almost a culture thing here and it's just not done.!!
This is obviosuly no criticism of the hotel and my rating has not been affected by it.
A bigger room and I would give it a 5

Room tip: Not really any views as far as I could see
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2016

Dear Guest,

Reviewed October 28, 2016

This is a functional, no frills place to stay about 100 yards from Place du Theatre, 15 minutes walk from Lille Europe and less than 10 from Lille Flandres station. It is spotlessly clean with a wonderfully comfortable bed, provides a more than adequate breakfast and has very friendly and helpful staff. The only gripe I have is that the pillows could be harder. It is perfect for singles, groups and families. I will definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Dear Colin M,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

There are many hotels of varying standard in Lille. Ibis Styles Grand Palace is at the lower end of the spectrum. OK it's pretty much 'no-frills' travel but parking is a good walk away if you want security and peace of mind. Having said that, Lille is a must if you anywhere near.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear MF54,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Mail H9420@accor.com

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a girlie weekend in October. It couldn't have been in a better location, just a couple of minutes walk from the main square. Just one minute walk away you can hire bikes for just 1€ per half an hour and you can drop them at various points across the city. The Eurostar station is about 15 mins walk away.

We had two rooms on the 7th/top floor, they were lovely and quiet. Comfy bed, good quality linen and spotlessly clean. Yes they are a little small but we didn't spend much time in them.

Breakfast was a great bonus, plenty of fresh bread, cheese, croissants etc.

The staff were all lovely, one even researched and booked us a wonderful restaurant (brasserie Andre) for the most amazing moules frites! Special thanks to him. (unfortunately we didn't get his name but he was working on reception sat 15th oct in the afternoon - perhaps his boss could acknowledge his exceptional customer service!)

All in all an excellent hotel which is good value and in a perfect location.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear ,

Reviewed October 5, 2016

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016