Lowest prices for your stay
ibis Styles
Free cancellation until 09/30/22
Expedia.com$80
Priceline$81
Hotels.com$80
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2016

I had booked a room for 3 adults and was not disappointed as to the quality of the room or the layout. A large king size bed and a hefty set of bunk beds in a large room with a well appointed bathroom. Within the Ibis you also had the normal bar area and breakfast room and as I had booked a budget deal, they were more than good enough.
Location wise the hotel is a very short walk away from the Lille Flanders train station yet probably a 20 minute walk from the Euro train station.
Overall, a nice hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear 654Chris,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

We stayed for two nights in room 706. The room was neat and clean, big enough and the breakfast was nice. However, it was roasting hot. I have a travel alarm clock with a thermometer and it was 33 degrees during the night! There was no air-conditioning or fan, and we had to keep the window wide open and subsequently got bitten to death by mosquitoes, so hardly slept a wink during our two night stay. Until a ceiling fan or aircon is installed this is not a good place to stay in the summer.

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor are very hot, I don't know if rooms on other floors are better.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank markymark992016
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from Lille Europe station, less than 5 minutes from Lille Flandres and a 2 minute walk from the centre of the city.

The entrance is in the breakfast room/bar and there are various activities laid out there. The reception staff seemed a little aloof; when travelling alone it's nice to have someone who seems genuinely interested in you and tells you stuff about the hotel ... it was by no means the worst I've experienced and they weren't unfriendly, just a bit of a downer. For example, on arrival after travelling since about 5.00am, it would be lovely to be shown where the tea was in the reception area as there are no facilities in the rooms. I didn't know this and, in fact, didn't discover the tea, soft drinks etc available there until I was leaving. On the other hand, the lady who checked me out was lovely and I wish she'd been there when I arrived.

It's a tall narrow town centre building with 6 bedrooms on each floor and, happily, a lift. My bedroom was near the top looking out at the backs of other buildings which I thought would be good as there would be little noise ... unfortunately TVs and showers aren't quiet and nor are loud guest conversations in the hallway outside the rooms late at night. The bed was exceptionally comfortable so, after a while, I didn't notice.

The room was small but nicely decorated with blocks of interesting colours. There was a small wardrobe and a big bathroom with shower only. A bottle of water appeared both days I was there which was a nice touch. I would have loved tea/coffee for early mornings/late nights and, possibly, a small safe in my room. I would have found them far more useful than the TV :)

Breakfast was great - everything fresh and constantly replenished. Not a huge selection but plenty to fill you up ready for a day's sight-seeing and an excellent choice of teas.

It's a reasonable place to stay right in the middle of things and, though most of the review sounds like I wasn't happy, that's not the case. It was a nice hotel but, with a few tweaks, could be even better. I will probably stay there again on my next visit to Lille which is the best recommendation.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear,

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Small, but well equiped room. Nice big shower. There was no ai conditioning in the room, so it might get a bit hot in summer (but I believe the hotel has fans you can use).
In a small, quiet street in the centre, with car park in front of the hotel, which costs 14 EUR per day.
The breakfast is good, good selection of bread, yoghurt and cereal. There's even a juicer for oranges and other fruits.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear EdieBreda,

Reviewed July 20, 2016

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.