Ibis Styles Lille Centre Gare Beffroi
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Calm(Lille)
1,138 results
All reviewsclassic ibisfree teafresh orange juice machinean average hotelrooms are very basicincluded in the room rateone night stayhot drinksbreakfast was excellentmodern stylecontinental breakfasttrain stationmodern hotelper dayold townthe air conditioningthe grand place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were surprised to have been allocated rooms for disabled guests since none of us are disabled and we didn't request these facilities. The rooms , and especially the bathroom facilities, were inappropriate for able-bodied guests.

Having said that, the hotel is ideally situated for exploring central Lille.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Breakfast was good,staff friendly,I had a glass of wine on Staurday evening and when I tried to buy another glass I was informed by the barmaid that the Manager was off duty at the weekend and he had the keys of the store.I spoke to reception and they confirmed that the Manager was off duty and therefore they could not supply wine wine.Bar did not have adequate glasses and closed at 11pm.On Sunday evening the bar still had no white wine.I spoke once again to reception and the Manager was still off duty.I demanded that the manager be contacted by telephone.The receptionist made a telephone call then informed me that there would be white wine available in 40 minutes.The carpet in the lifts were extremely dirty,rooms very small,no hot water on Sunday morning.I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the only thing missing here was Basil Faulty.

Room Tip: Book a different Hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stanley K
H1384-GM, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Gare Beffroi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear

Sorry for that bad stay

We had clean carpet again on August by proffessionnal company

Andwill try to organise the bar better

We will be glad to welcom you again and I will be happy to recevied a new room request on my direct mail adress h1384-gm@accor.com to welcom you personnaly

Pascal RAZUREL

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had read reviews for this hotel before booking, and had noted that the main comment was small rooms. Having been to many other hotels in the Accor chain I was not too concerned about this. However, on entrying the room I was taken aback about how small the room really was. Compact and quaint would be an accurate description. Although as I was travelling by myself on this occassion, the room was perfectly adequate, this would not have been the case as a couple sharing the room.
The hotel is in a very good position, with easy walking into centre of Lille. Getting into the hotel's own small car park was a bonus, and at 9 euros per night quite reasonably priced. Continental breakfast, which was included in the room price, offered a good selection in a clean, pleasant setting. Another couple of good points, complimentary bottle water in the room each day, and complimentary tea/coffee in the lounge area throughout the day.
The hotel is opposite a small restaurant, which on the Thursday night I was there had loud live music/singing until 01:30-02:00 in the morning, this was rather annoying. However, on the next night, being a Friday night, I was expecting more of the same, but luckily was not the case, and got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is my third Week-long stay for business in two years and I've found consistently good service and a comfortable room. I've stayed in New York City hotel rooms where you can touch the wall opposite your bed, and I've become accustomed to small rooms and tiny bathrooms in Europe--my rooms here have been okay in size, though I'd love even one drawer for these longer stays. You're only five minutes (walking) from the Grand Place and maybe ten minutes from the train station. I've never had to worry about a car and parking as I get here by train.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed two nights.
Room was really small as most of the reviews said but honestly I did not really imagine that it could be such small. No wardrobe just 6 coat hangers. There is no proper bathroom, toilet is in a cubical and shower is in another one at another part of the room, both had glass doors, and more surprisingly the glass door of the toilet can not be closed. There was a curtain that you can use as a divider in between the toilet and the bed. I know it sounds weird but it was already very weird so describing it normally is kind of impossible in this situation. The bed was too soft that I was sinking in the bed, after staying two nights I had a serious back pain.
It was clean and towels were changed daily. Buffet breakfast with all the necessary food. Location is very convenient and safe. Free Wifi was working perfectly fine in our room.
If I visit Lille next time, unless I will stay alone and only for one night, I definitely look for a different place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple