“Good basic hotel - clean, good value, but absolutely no frills.”

Ibis Styles Lille Centre Gare Beffroi
Ranked #42 of 107 Hotels in Lille
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a short trip to France. I was lucky in that I got one of the (very few) free parking spaces - quite a bonus in a city centre location. Depending on the time of your visit, I can imagine that on street parking could be a problem, but not for me.

The reception was modern, bright and clean. Check in was speedy and informative - all good.

The disappointments come with the rooms - but you do need to factor in the price. Obviously the rooms are small (it is a former Ibis Hotel) but the lack of charm is a shame. Not so much as a picture or nice curtains to soften a functional and drab room. Whilst I can see that the hotel is providing a budget level of accomodation, I wonder if the lack of 'warmth' in the rooms, is an economy too far? That said, it is fine for a crash pad for a night or two, but I personally would not even consider staying more than a night or two at the most, especially if I were travelling alone or might expect to be spending any amount ot time in my room.

Bad points:
Very small rooms and even smaller shower rooms. No light in the shower itself and a dark/thick plastic shower curtain meaning that showering was a pretty 'dim' experience. Take a waterproof torch if you need to see what you're doing! The bar in the hotel (in France) doesn't sell wine!!! Is that even legal??? Drinks are very expensive at the bar. Breakfast is very basic. Room decor is very drab indeed - some might even say depressing!

Good points:
Excellent location. Very good rooms rates (deal dependent). Friendly efficient staff. Very quick check in and check out, free Wi-Fi seemingly everywhere and at a good speed.

Summary:
Appreciate the price and location, but don't expect ANY luxury. If you like the finer touches - stay somewhere else and pay (possibly a lot) more.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I don't understand last review at all!
Room was very clean and toiletries replenished daily. Maid even tidied up for us and changed sheets and we were only there 3 nights.
The breakfast was fine and you could have hot drinks free from 10-10.
The staff were really helpful with directions.
The bed was large and comfortable and my niece said sofa bed was fine too. We had a family room which was apparently suited for disabled people so had a large shower without a curtain but the drawback being a higher toilet which as I am quite short did not really suit me .
We have stayed at several Lille hotels just looking for best deals when we go and All Seasons was the cheapest deal for the 3 of us this time. Great stay and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Tiny rooms the size of a prison cell but with less charm. A minuscule shower room with nasty shower curtain (who uses curtains anymore?), no toiletries, a leaky window, a toilet you have to shuffle onto sideways as there is no room to turn around, stained carpet in the shower room (yes that's right CARPET in a shower room!), damaged walls in the bedroom, stinky and oppressive corridors, lifts not working, staff unpleasant and unhelpful, breakfast inedible. All of this for 125 Euros a night? If this was a Motel 6/Formule 1 type place at 50 Euros I wouldn't expect any better but for the prices they charge, the product offered is quite simply unacceptable. Please do not be fooled by previous reviews. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
H1384-GM, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Gare Beffroi, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the all seasons Lille Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At All Seasons, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

As I just reserved my hotel about 20 hours before my arrival in Lille, I could just find this hotel among accor hotels in Lille. Also It was the Braderie in Lille (a big annual market across the whole city) so it was a crowded time of the year for hotels in Lille. But I got a good service from this hotel. The breakfast and open coffee-tea desk was quit enough for getting you start a good day. The room was not so big but It was enough for solo travellers. The only problem was that the air-conditioning was leaking water and also I've told the receptionist in the morning they have not done anything about it until my check out (and maybe after). Also the TV was not working properly. But as a whole you get a good service in this hotel and the staff are friendly enough!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mahan P
A TripAdvisor Member
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Good location for access from motorway and for walking to town centre. The staff were pleasant. Good to have parking at hotel at no extra cost. Rooms clean and also good that there was 'no smoking' throughout. Breakfasts suited all tastes and no limit on quantity. Although we are used to hotels in UK having kettle etc, it was good to have mineral water in rooms and access to tea/ coffee facilities in reception area. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We were in Lille to attend a wedding, and our French friends has booked this hotel for us, so we did not really know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised.
The location is superb, close to all amenities, yet quiet. The hotel is clean, modern, well-run, welcoming.
One wee snag...they only have 12 spaces for cars, and you cannot pre-book the parking. First come, first served. Fortunately we arrived time to bag a space. I really do not know what we would have done otherwise in the busy centre of Lille.
The rooms are just a smidgeon on the small side, but that will not stop me returning.
The public spaces are great , bright and airy and perfect for meeting up with friends for a drink.
The excellent breakfast is, unusually for France, is included in the price
We will definitely return here on future vists to Lille.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hamble
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stopped for one night on our way to southern France. We were really impressed with this hotel. We had interconnecting rooms which, while a little tight on space, were completely functional and delivered everything we needed, including two twin beds and a cot for our children. The staff were helpful, particularly with helping us park our car in the hotel car park - spaces aren't a given with this hotel and they are unable to reserve spaces ahead of time. The hotel's location is very central and this was great for having a wander and choosing somewhere to eat. The feel of this hotel is very funky, modern and cool. The breakfast area furnished with transparent lime-green palocco chairs, with an orange juicing facility for guests to help themselves, helped make this hotel a very different experience from what we usually expect of one-night stopover hotels. It is a different animal from your usual Novotel or Ibis, and I think it is much better for it. On our next journey, for practicality and functionality without the depressive motorway feel, we'll certainly choose an All Seasons before looking anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family