1,222 results
All reviewsopera housegreat locationclock towerold townprivilege roomthe main squarecentral locationjunior suitepaper cupssmall liftstandard roomminute walknespresso machinetourist officelille centrebathroom doorreasonable size
Reviewed January 28, 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights during a trade show. I got a very good welcome with a big smile. The elevator was under maintenance but they carried my bags to a higher floor with a smile. Breakfast options were good. They also made a recommendation for a nice wine bar close to the hotel. I will stay here again, no doubt. Great staff. Room was big and I slept well.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

What compliments !!!! Thank you so much !!

And believe us, no doubt, we will welcome you with great pleasure !!

See you !

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Nice property - very functional rooms - good food - excellent service - Location is ideal.
you feel at home and safe. Made a mistake on my dates - lucky the reception fixed that in a second for few more Euros, very nice - thank you.

Room Tip: I like the top floor on the right side
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Dera Guest,

It was a pleasure ! Thank you very much for all these compliments, we love that !!!

See you soon !

Reviewed January 22, 2018

A very well placed hotel for visiting Lille and sightseeing on foot.
The hotel really needs a car Parking agreement with the Municipal underground car park
as the overnight stay added £15 Euros to the cost of the stay in the Hotel.

The food in the hotel in the evening was rather disappointing and resulted in me searching out a local restaurant (in the rain) to get dinner, however, the breakfast was first class the following morning. The room was reasonably comfortable but the TV channels lacked CNN or BBC World News which is surprising in a Hotel that is in Lille which is on the well trodden Day trip tourist route for travellers from the UK.

Room Tip: higher floors will be quite as all sides of hotel have busy roads surrounding.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment ! We're happy that you've appreciated our breakfast and we hope ti see you again very soon !

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Booked for New Year, hotel is in a fabulous location minutes from the centre of Lille. The room should have been available from 3pm, unfortunately it was not ready until 5pm. We had booked a privilege room and we were really disappointed. The room was very small, the curtain was hanging off the track, tiny wardrobe space, with just a couple of hangers, housekeeping did provide me with more, sadly no space to hang everything up! However, you could not beat the location.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank jackmac1
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear Guest,
We hope that the reception which was reserved for you, made you, despite everything, spent a good stay among us !
Next time, do not hesitate to ask us for a bigger room : if availability allows us, we will give it to you with pleasure !
Best Regards

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Every year at Christmas time I like to visit a new part of France. For years I have dreamed of visiting the city of Lille And was finally able to make it a reality. The hotel is quite easy to find in relation to both of the train stations in the city. I was quite amazed with this. The location of the hotel, in my opinion, is one of the best locations in the city. Not only of the steps away from Le Grand’ Place, but it is also only a 2 to 3 minute walk to vieux Lille. There are so many restaurants choices around and so much shopping as well. The hotel is located just behind the opera and you get a beautiful view of the Chamber of Commerce. Because I stayed for so long they upgraded me to a Junior suite and I must say that it was an absolute treat. The decoration of the hotel is beautiful yet whimsical and the size of the Junior suite was perhaps the largest room I’ve ever had in France. The rain shower was excellent and there was even a balcony in the bathroom.

The room was equipped with a Nespresso machine and a mini fridge that was restocked with soft drinks and juices and water. That was a very nice touch.

The room was immaculately clean and it was always quickly cleaned right after I left. I was very impressed with the entire staff at the hotel. My suitcase was delivered to New York instead of France and the front desk kept a watchful eye for its arrival. They were always extremely friendly.

Breakfast was quite typical of the chain. I have never been too impressed with their offerings and that was the same case here. I would’ve preferred a better coffee selection as I like to begin my morning with a café au lait. I also found that the pastries were a bit overcooked.

As I said in the title of my review, I sincerely believe that this is the best Mercure Hotel that I have ever stayed in. Last year I stayed at one in Paris that was very disappointing, but this one has really restored my faith in the chain. I will definitely be back to Lille and will certainly come back to this fantastic hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Wahoo !!! What compliments ..... !!! This is, by far, the best way to start the year !!! Sincerely, on behalf of the entire team : Thank you ! You're our best reward !
We hope to see you again soon and very often !
Until then, we wish you a great new year !