1,316 results
All reviewshotel barrieremodern hotelold townhuge bathminute walkfloor to ceilinggourmet restauranteurostar stationroom servicefive star hotelcity centreexcellent hotelbusiness hotelmain restaurantcold meatschecking inmini bar
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I loved this hotel

I actually was there to play in a poker tournament at the hotel's casino and although the poker didn't go well my stay was excellent

Modern hotels aren't to everyone's taste but I like the style. Check-in was quick and efficient and the rooms are large and the beds very comfortable.

The only issue is the wet-room style bathroom - the water goes everywhere, tho this is more of an issue for housekeeping than guests

Excellent breakfast too

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Patricia L, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear "Bill P",

Nothing more to say except a warm thank you for this excellent feedback !

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in Lille.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

Location: The hotel is conveniently located in a place that takes a 5-minute walk from the main train station in Lille. You need to walk a good 15 minute to get to the city center and the older area of Lille, but this should not be a big problem. Get some cardio done while you are travelling :)

Safety: I was only in Lille for two days, but I felt really safe during the entirety of my stay. I was walking around the city around 11 pm, and I felt no threat at all. A large number of people still stroll around the city probably because of its safety and late sunset time (around 10 pm in the summer)

Hotel Lobby / Reception Area: The staffs are professional and friendly. If you can only speak English, no problem. The staff will kindly communicate in English. The Lobby area is kept clean and the interior design looks modern.

Hotel Room: I stayed in the cheapest room in the hotel, but I was still surprised by the room. The room was one of the more spacious and clean rooms that I spent a night during my travel in Europe. The room definitely showcases the hotel's unique preference in its interior design. The mixture of white and pastel colors makes the room look clean, not excessively colorful, and easy on the eyes. The best part of the room was probably the restroom. It is so spacious, and all the facilities are clean, modern, and fully functional. I almost forgot to mention how attentive the management & the cleaning people are. After a cleaning service, a piece of chocolate is always left on the bed for the guests to enjoy. Little details like this help with the overall appeal of the hotel.

I would highly recommend spending your time in this hotel while traveling in Lille.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
David D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Dear "Hyunjae K",

I warmly thank you for this exceptional comment which emphasizes perfectly the quality of our services.
We deeply hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back during your next stay in Lille.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has excellent response times to such things as driving your car to parking for you as soon as you arrive. The staff at reception were lovely and very helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom and toilet are separated which is a bonus. Mini bar (at fee), safe, robes and laundry service have been remembered. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
David D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear "Amber C"
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next visit and for a new experience.
We thank you for this nice feedback.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We spent a weekened here in the autumn. It's a very nice, modern hotel in a conventient location. The staff were very pleasant and the breakfast was excellent. It was possible to hear a slight bit of the music from downstairs (which houses a casino), but not so much as to be an issue. The room was lovely with a nice view. The only issue was that the place felt a bit airless. I wanted to be able to open a window; I think they are trying to be more environmentally aware which is great - but not at the expense of suffocating guests! I think a little work is neeed on the air-conditioning to sort this out. But generally we really liked this hotel and can recommed it.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear "A_and_B_12",
We thank you for you late and usefull feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

For a weekend with my wife and baby boy, we stayed at the Barriere in Lille right by the casino. The design of the hotel is clean and crisp, and the rooms, fairly spacious by French standards, are well lit, cleverly designed and feature everything you could expect from a modern international hotel. Bedding was excellent, even the cot they provided for my little one and the AC system worked well which, once again for France, is not a given.
The staff at the reception were very courteous and helpful with a hassle free check in and out.
On the -minor- downside, service at the bar and brasserie wasn’t very efficient and I was disappointed to learn that there was no pool (the local weather maybe...)
I would definitely recommend this place as we had a lovely time there

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear "FranzLadsous",
We thank you for your nice feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in Lille with your family for a new experience.