“Nice hotel, but unfortunately service is getting worse and the cutlery and dishes are always dirty” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residhotel Lille Vauban

and 1 more site!
Residhotel Lille Vauban
Ranked #9 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Lille
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

The hotel has a very nice atmosphere, the furniture, the pictures and the style is minimalist but very cozy. Moreover it is located very close to the campuses; so it is very convenient if you have to reach by walk most of the universities in Lille. It is not far away from Rue National and Rue Solferino where you can find pubs and restaurants crowded by students, while you can get to vieux-Lille in around 15/20 minutes walking.

Since I’m coming in this hotel pretty often (several weeks per year) I’ve noticed a decrease in the service. There are pieces of furniture that are missing or start to break, often in the bathroom something is missing (this time I did not have soap in the bathroom and the toilet brush was broken)… but more important the cutlery and the dishes in the kitchen are always very very dirty. The idea is that the customer should wash them before leaving… the result is that I’ve to wash the dishes and everything else when I get into the room and when I leave.

I still think that if you have to go every morning to the university for a short period of time this is a very good solution. Last advice, I would skip the breakfast in the Hotel and decide to organize my own breakfast. Let me know if there are improvements in the service and in the room or not.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Creative_Maelstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Great stop over. Easy to find on a main street with private parking - which costs 10 Euros. The staff were very oblinging and the room was clean and spacious. we had a self catering room with everyhing you need on hand.Continental breakfast is 8 euros per person and there is plenty to have. Very child friendly, we were two families of 2 adults and 3 children and the children loved it! Highly recommended. Not cheap but value for money.
Perhaps I should mention that we did have a problem with mosquitos/midges and my son and husband got bitten to bits. We could see them in the room after the event so should have used some protector. Everyone else was fine and we would return there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cathry
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I've stayed at Cosy's several times. It is perfectly situated for me for work while I am in Lille. It is literally a 5 min walk to my work destination (the campus).

As a vegetarian, I find Lille to be a bit challenging. But Cosy's allows me to cook my own food, so it is cheaper and works for my diet. It is about a 15-20 Euro taxi ride from the train station. Or you could take the Citadines bus line from the Euralille stop for about 1.50Euro and get off a few blocks from the hotel at the Solferino bus stop on Vauban Blvd.

The rooms are Ikea modern. I've always had the Suite Large. You can't be guaranteed to get a 'real' bed in the smaller room (could be a sleeper sofa), so I always opt for the slightly more expensive option. Plenty of room for a solo traveler (and even for 2).

There is a Match grocery store a few blocks away (down Solferino); don't let them send you to the 8to8 market around the corner (like a US SevenEleven).

Two English speaking channels keep you up to date on world news (and, in my case, the strikes!). Free internet (if a strike is not interfering :)).

Staff is really not all that helpful--usually, there are exceptions, of course. Most speak English admirably, but the typical response for needing help on something is a shrug of the shoulders.

Bed is quite comfortable--for now (it's a relatively new hotel, so....). I never could get the towel warmer to work reliably in the bathroom (and it sure would have been helpful because my room was quite chilly)! You might get a full tub or a shower only...just depends on which room you end up in. Kitchen is reasonably well equipped for basics--real coffee pot, toaster, mini-range that will cook pasta, microwave, kettle, etc. (hand wash dishes, and kitchen must be completely cleaned before you leave or you get a 10 Euro charge). They do offer a breakfast for a charge, but I have never taken advantage of it. Very basic, and a quick trip to Match would net you the same cold foods for a quarter of the cost.

Loved the heavy duty roll down mechanical shades. Made it very easy to adjust the light in the room and added a measure of safety in my first floor room overlooking a parking lot!

This time my neighbors were QUITE noisy. Loud carrying on until nearly 11pm most of the nights I was there. Last stay was very quiet.

For me, I always think twice. Do I want to stay at Cosy's for convenience to my work at a very reasonable cost in a nice apartment hotel, or do I want to stay at Citadines apartment hotel near the train station and the city center and Carrefour (like a Super Walmart) at a slightly higher cost with slightly worn furnishings and bigger rooms (same TV stations and free internet and a dishwasher where you are not expected to clean the kitchen yourself before check out)?

I've picked Cosy's the last few times because I didn't feel like a 25 min walk (or a short bus ride) to get to work. But I admit, I really like being so close to the restaurants and markets near the city center at Citadines. It is a toss up for me. I like them both and am very glad to have the ability to cook my own food. I'd stay at Cosy's again if I were traveling solo to work again. If I brought someone with me the next time I went to work, I *might* consider Citadines again so my companions would be closer to 'the action'.

If you're working at the university, though, Cosy's is hard to beat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HRDProf
Newport, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

It is the second time that I stayed at the Cosy for 7 days. I chose the hotel for it is very close to the University Lille so getting there is really convenient. What I like at this place, thus, is the location and the fact that the rooms are equipped with a small kitchen.

The rooms, while small are decently furnished, one can tell that IKEA is not far away! What I don't like is the quality of the room service and the fact that things which are broken don't get repaired. In my room was a tiny closed with hangers but nothing to hang on to for the rail was broken and it looked this not just happen before I got into the room. There is very little attention to details either, for example, the internet was down for almost the entire time of my stay and the staff just told me it was because of France Telecomme. The front desk, however, did have internet access so it was an internal problem and the staff was simply just lying about the cause for why the internet was down.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Billericay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Cosy's is very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the room was suitably furnished. It was as described - the kitchenette had a full set of crockery, pans etc - great for doing your own breakfast (not sure that I'd like to cook a 3 course meal!)

The parking is a little expensive (10 euro), but it is secure. Alternatively there are spaces on the street and it does appear to be a safe area. The rooms do not have air-conditioning, but plenty of windows did open.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PicnMix_UK
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Clean, well appointed rooms but they are small. Our extra large suite (room 312) had 3 single beds in 2 sleep areas (no doors), and decent size sofa bed for one person. Small kitchen area with hob and microwave. Small shower room with organic toiletries. We had driven up from Geneva that day with two small kids and it was a welcome stop over. Good linen and mattresses. You would not want to spend lots of time in the rooms but they look nice and do their job. Free Wifi and TV in rooms. Breakfast buffet (kids eat free) for croissants, pains au choc, hot drinks, yoghurts, fresh fruit all fine. Parking at back of hotel for around 10 euros. Nice chap on reception tried to help us find a restaurant open on a Sunday night, but in the end we drove to the main square area and found a restaurant that was full of locals and opted to go there for supper. Following the local herd was a good call. Decent food, decent wine, good value for money. Can't remember name of it (sorry!) but if you walk around you'll see masses of place to eat with reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed in a newly equipped single room on the ground floor with good standard of decor. Picked up noise from the main street and car park at times. The €10 Parking could be difficult because Cosys only owns a few of the parking spots in the car park (the rest are let to other business'). If you don't find a place you have to take your chances on the street.
Room was large enough and well fiited out with meal prep and cooking area plus utensils, TV plus digibox, wi-fi. TV does have some programmes in English if you search long enough. No easy chair, just a business desk. En-suite was very large and included wet room.
The breakfast was not particularly good value lacking any meats, cheeses or eggs and the orange juice was from concentrate but there's no cafes in the immediate vicinity as an alternative.
Not bad for the price exc breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends