“Nice stay”

All Suites Appart Hotel Dunkerque
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dunkirk
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm not sure if these suites are rented out to University students during the school year. If so, they are very nice suites for that. It was clean and the bed was comfy. It wasn't as nice as hotels we have stayed at for the same price and star rating, but it was comfortable and clean. It was weird that they didnt leave any dish soap for their fully stocked kitchen. I think you could purchase some in the lobby. The hotel is within walking distance to a war museum, if you like walking. It's also within walking distance to the downtown area, a shopping center for you to grab groceries at and a couple of restaurants. Nothing is exceedingly close, like just outside the hotel...so it's placement may be better appreciated if you have a car and don't like to walk. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here on our first and last night in France as it was a good location for the Ferry.
Rooms were very clean and well equipped for the cost, staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located hotel which offers a small kitchenette type apartment. Decent sized fridge in your room is also very handy. Overall I'd say its a basic hotel, modern with standard features. Free WIFI is handy but TV channels don't always work. Big underground secure car park at a cost of €5 a night.

My only gripe is staying here in the summer and there is no air con which is fine for most of the year but was a bit disappointed they didn't have any fans to use.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A nice, fresh hotel with practical appartments. The location on the quay is ver charming. the breakfast was good value. The hotel staff gave us directions to some really good restaurants nearby.
Regarding Dunkerque itself, it is not the most fascinating place, but we were aware of this and used the hotel as a base for excursions to places like De Panne and Braye-Dunes.
I also appreciated that minrela water and other stuff was for sale in the lobby at a really low price.

Room Tip: chose a dockside view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Having got lost and then stopped at a bar to ask directions in my rusty French, I eventually arrived at the hotel with two additional passengers, who kindly guided us straight there! Luckily my wife was with me so my naive British attitude never connected the obvious reason for the additional female company accompanying me to the hotel. I will attend a refresher French Language course upon my return! No money changed hands and as I had no Euros anyway a warm thank you was all I had!
Back to the hotel. Excellent location, superb breakfast, clean, private parking, good light gym, secure entrance. Full size fridge, microwave, sink and coffee percolator. Bathroom excellent.
The night porter was really helpful. Late so he managed to a pizza delivered within fifteen minutes!

I would recommend the place 100% if you are after a simple easy stay over in Dunkirk.

As for the bar girls - they disappeared in to the night! I still have the address of the Bar though!

Room Tip: Booking through Tripadvisor / Booking.com was cheaper than cold calling!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked this place as the last night of our holiday and so that we could do some shopping before we got on the boat. Very clean, loved the fact that each suite had a small kitchen and its own bathroom. Reception were extremely helpful. The secure parking was secure lol. Would recommend to anyone on a short city break for people that want to be independent.

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the Sea and not the road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deva7
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived late on a Friday night and the night staff were very helpful and friendly. Excellent customer service for the whole time we were there. Could not fault them. The room was very large, clean and very well appointed. I would happily stay here again. The car-park is very safe and under the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple