“Despite a confirmed booking the restaurant was closed and on holiday”

Restaurant Le Vent d'Ange
Ranked #24 of 278 Restaurants in Dunkirk
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2015

We had an online lunch booking for this restaurant. Our booking had been explicitely confirmed by the restaurent by email (i.e. the restaurant did have my contact details).
When we turned up on the day the restaurant was closed for annual leave. Nobody had even bothered to let us know of their changed holiday plans.

Date of visit: December 2015
Write a reviewReviews (152)

Reviewed June 30, 2015

The restaurant is a little way out of the centre of Dunkirk. We took a bus there from Place Jean Bart at cost of 1.5 euros each and at the end of the evening a taxi back to the Ibis hotel for 10 euros. The dinner we had was very good if a trifle fussy and the wine list comprehensive and for the venue , reasonably priced. The service was very good, attentive without being obtrusive and the ambience excellent.

The bill for two with aperitifs and a 30 euro bottle of wine was 117 euros which I considered good value. I recommend this restaurant if you're looking for a relaxed "high end " dinner.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed January 4, 2015

We book a table after trying to find a good restaurant in the area online, after our main dish, I'm certain that we made a very good discovery of this restaurant in Dunkerque! Its definitely a hard find jewel! My husband and I have been to various fine French dining restaurant from Shanghai to France! It will be hard to top this one after!!! We had a 6 courses meal for the price of 32 Euro menu, great ambiance and refined attentive service staff.

My husband and I are highly satisfied with our food and quality of service, We were served with a soup in a cocktail glass, my palate had felt the parsley jelly combined with the mussels and lightly warmed sweet pumpkin soup.

I will definitely recommend for everyone to try the hot foie gras, I've literally fallen in love with this hot foie gras, it just melted in my mouth, the serving is just right, which makes me savor the wonderful taste until my last bite. It was fancied a bit with a grapefruit mouse side and what they called panais, I felt they cleanses my palate to be able to enjoy every bite of my hot foie gras! Wine selections are just great and made for the served dishes.

Just a tip, book a table from their website and get the exact direction from there since it's not well commercially located!

Will definitely come back to this place! T'is surely a place you will be happy to recommend to anyone for whatever occasion!!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed December 21, 2014

Booked this restaurant after reading comments on Trip Advisor. Not disappointed, just the opposite!

We were looking for a nice restaurant following a day trip to Dunkerque for shopping at Christmas. Location was a bit difficult to find. Our sat nav struggled until I remembered to put in the French postcode (59640), when it took us straight to the front door. Good parking facilities. Only took us 20 minutes to get to Calais ferry terminal from here once we had finished.

Owner and staff have very limited English, but this is part of the attraction. As my wife commented after our meal, everything was so good and tasty that it would not really matter what we ordered, it would have been nice. Our 6 year old son was made to feel welcome (the owner had two young children) and the food and wine was magnificent. We chose from the Euro 34 menu and the three courses were delightful and beautifully presented. The wine was great and good value.

My wife and I had the duck and my son the risotto. Starters were excellent and the duck was cooked to perfection and was the best we had ever tasted. My young son enjoyed his risotto.

We are already planning our next visit to this wonderful restaurant, and we do not hesitate to recommend it. Fine dining at a great price!

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank glenn s
Reviewed November 16, 2014

You will love everything about this place. As others on TA have noted, it takes a bit of finding - don't even think about walking from central Dunkerque - but once there you will be delighted. Helpful and attentive staff. Excellent quality of food. Wine somewhat pricey, but then again, what price top quality?

Date of visit: November 2014