“Late night eat”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wilson
Description: To the Café Cantine of Le Bon Vivre. Huguette Café Cantine is the new incarnation of the restaurant Le Bon Vivre, a gastronomic landmark in Toulouse created a quarter of a century ago by Alain and Huguette Méliet. Under the watchful eye of Huguette, and with daughter Cathy at her side, the chef puts a modern spin on regional cuisine with the emphasis on duck, farm reared pork, fresh seasonal vegetables and traditional desserts. Everyone, both in the kitchen and in the restaurant, is dedicated to serving the best of traditional Gascony cuisine, healthier than you would believe. Welcome to HUGUETTE'S, the Café Cantine which serves in two parts (lunch and dinner) and three movements (starter, main course and dessert) combining the charm of the rural kitchen with the demands of urban life.
Reviewed May 2, 2019

We went to a concert and by the time we got back in town, this was the only place(not counting take away places) that was still serving food. Excellent cassoulet, staff were extremely friendly.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed April 16, 2019

We walked into the square where Hugette is located and picked the restaurant based on their menu, cassoulet and pasta with foie gras and mushrooms. WOW! I can't say that I have had better. If the rest of the menu is as good as these two dishes, you are in for a treat. Get a good local wine and enjoy.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 13, 2019

We were struggling to find somewhere for a late lunch (after 3pm), and this was recommended by a local. Very simple cafe, but full of local people - so that was a good sign. Service was fine, and we all went for the toulouse sausage. Delicious - and great mustard. With a big glass of red wine, this was a perfect respite on a wet afternoon.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

I rarely give a bad rating when it’s not really about the food but I must. I was clearly unwelcome although my server was friendly and chatty with tables around me. After a long wait I ordered with a smile in perfectly fluent French. A different young lady brought my wine and plate but I was invisible to the server the whole evening.
The fish was nice, very fresh, and the lard tasty but the shredded cabbage was dry. A little pricey at €24. I would have liked another glass of wine and maybe dessert, but I was invisible. I finally went to the register to pay since my check never arrived. She literally moved the tip jar from the cash register and put it on top of my bill. That even shocked people around me. Absolutely shameful.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

If you are after Toulouse sausage, this is the place.
They even served dinner early at 5:30pm.

Service was friendly.