“Enchanting place & wonderful food!”
Review of Le salon d'Eugenie

Le salon d'Eugenie
Ranked #3 of 28 Dessert in Toulouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Taur
Reviewed December 13, 2018

The place is charming as the staff that attends it (it's a family) The food is delicious and the cakes for tea time .... I can hardly describe it without remembering the perfect taste in my mouth.
Cleanliness, neatness, central location, friendly atmosphere: I come across this place & I cannot help suggesting that: do not miss it !!!!! (and if you can ... take some macarons)
Delightful place to eat every time of the day

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed December 9, 2018

This spot is simply ideal. It is a cozy spot with incredible fresh food that will appeal to vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. The lunch special comes with dessert, and don't miss it! Exceptionally good food and service. Linger over dessert and tea or coffee, and feel like a queen!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Patti G
Reviewed July 25, 2018

I had lunch at Salon d'Eugenie yesterday, with a friend on the terrace, which was pleasantly shady in our current heatwave. The service from the young lady waitress was smiling, rapid and driven by initiative. She brought several jugs of cold water, as we emptied them, without needing to be asked. She took our order beautifully, and the food was as delicious and innovative as I had hoped for. HOWEVER, the older couple (well, man and woman, not sure if they are an item) who run the place are another story altogether. The man, when I arrived, was standing on the steps, did not greet me, nor even smile. The woman is unerringly non-smiling, and puffs and blusters her way through all she does, seemingly. What was truly AWFUL however, was their reaction to an unusual problem, which we complained about, politely but firmly. Something (the heatwave? the coffee machine? a freak accident?) had heated up the coffee cups and saucers so hot that they were too hot to touch, and certainly to put in our mouths. The coffee was also very hot, but that is a good thing. So, when I asked them to do something about it, the young girl was a bit confused, and went to get the older man, who came along already defensive, saying "so, you have a problem with the coffee?" Not a great way to start a constructive conversation. He tried to treat us as idiots, who clearly did not know how to consume coffee, and was dismissive and insulting. He then said "OK, I will change the cup", so he came back with the small espresso style coffee in a large teacup! When I smiled wrily, he accused me of rudeness. I explained I was laughing because it was a bit ridiculous-looking. Things did not go well from here on in. He spent all his energy on trying to show and tell me that I was wrong, and did not once look for a solution. I said that it was not worth trying to talk to him in that way, and said I would forego the coffee. This is not service, this is arrogant harrassment and avoidance of any responsibility. There is always a simple solution. I could have thought of many, but this guy just wanted to be "right" and for me to be "wrong", rather than thinking about the reputation of his establishment. I certainly shall not be returning, and recommend that you think twice before spending money in such a place. Happy holidays!

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful home made food, five dishes and all were perfect. Magic desserts. Highly recommend for a special lunch.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Had 4 adults 2 children from NZ.
The chicken salad was yummy and the baget was interesting and very tasty. The cakes were DEVINE. Totally recommend. The staff were very helpful in understanding our accents. Thankyou