“Awful service...”

Restaurant des abattoirs Chez Carmen
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Restaurant was recommended by different people due to the quality of its meat. Meat was finally good, but as in other places in Toulouse, and service was awful. Place was full and therefore the waiters were putting no effort at all on being at least kind. Their reactions were rude all-over the meal, even when we were ordering dessert and coffee. We finished the meal being outraged with the service of the place, it was clearly dismissing the food's quality.

1  Thank RVML

Reviewed September 26, 2013

..... all the rest is just ok. The lamb ribs and the steak were pretty delicious, the wine was ok, the salads (all three different kinds we ordered) ordinary, the fries inconsistent (we got two plates, crunchy and tasty, the other softy and cold), the desserts nothing special, the coffee ok for a French restaurant. The serving was way too invasive and sometimes almost out of line. Total came to 30 euro per person which seemed ok. Bottom line, good meat and nothing else

Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you're all about meat, this is the place to go, old roborative food, meat, great wines, and if you ever can still eat some, great desserts.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Menus and food is really good, congratulations to the chef. BUT: service is poor. Servant is unfriendly. As stated by others there is no effort to satisfy customer. Go to Le Chevillard which offers pretty much the same menu but is definitely more friendly.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I go to this restaurant quite often with my boyfriend as its convenient for us, however, every time is different. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes not.
They live on their reputation but they definitely don't try to improve. They have enough customers so they don't seem to care if a customer is not happy.
Last time, we went there with my boyfriend. We ordered an entrecote. I wanted it saignant (medium rare) and my boyfriend wanted it well done (bien cuit). I got mine first and it was not medium rare but rare (bleu). They sent the other half of the entrecote back in the kitchen. So, while I was eating, my boyfriend was "patiently" waiting...and when his half arrived about 10 minutes later, it was medium rare!!! We weren't happy. I love my meat and wouldn't eat it well done but that's some people taste and if they want it well done they should have it this way.
We told the waiter that we didn't have time to send back the meat but that it was not cooked enough. He replied that my boyfriend should have taken a stew!! I told him that they should get what the customer ask, since the customer pay,whether it makes the chef happy or not...I worked in restaurant before in France (I am French) and I know that it really annoys French chef when they are asked for well done beef...I'm not sure I will come back again. It's a pity really cause the meat is really nice and tender there, but the attitude is bad! They really don't try to please the customer.

1  Thank eireanne31