“Great Vegetarian Spread”

Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Toulouse, France
“Great Vegetarian Spread”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is in a small street that is easy to miss. It had a great spread of an all veg menu - salads, main course and desserts. I was lucky to meet a sweet lady Oriane who helped me with her little knowledge of English. I saw something that looked like pizza and asked her. She replied it is better than pizza. Indeed it was! It was the quiche. Their main course very finely made, Desserts - Tiramisu was really pretty good. I forgot my jacket - and lo there was Oriane who came running to remind me. Some more of anything and I might have fallen in love!!

• Visited June 2014

West Lothian
“Great vegetarian food in Meaty Toulouse!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a really great veggie restaurant and we were glad we found it as most restaurants in Toulouse are very meat or fish oriented. The food was delicious and fresh. We found it a bit tricky to understand how it works (and our waitress seemed unable to explain it either in French or Engilsh!) but we were helped out by a very nice girl at the next table who explained all. You choose how many options you want - I went for 3, quiche, salad & desert - then you help yourself to any combination of these (and in any order!) as many times as you like. There's a huge variety of delicious salads and several quiches, they don't always stick to what's on the menu board but that's great as there is even more variety. There is also a main dish which varies dailly which counts as 1 choice. The staff were very friendly (I'll give our 1st waitress the benefit of the doubt as as we clearly frightened her off!) and the prices good. Two words of warning though: 1) it's a good idea to book, it was rammed when were in and some people linger so it's best to book yourself a table. 2) it is VERY easy to overeat here! The food was so tasty that we kept going back for more and consequently spent the rest of the evening groaning! Wish it was in our town at home...

• Visited May 2014
Basel
“watch out for this one- Veggie rules!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is one of the most interesting Veggie Restaurants in Toulouse!. It definitely goes well with the open-mindedness and alternative thinking of Toulouse. Highly appreciated and a saving grace for all those veggie hunters. La Faim des Haricots can truly appetize you with the selection of the wide range of Salads (well thought-of combinations)- I especially loved the quinoa one!. The staff are young, trendy and very welcoming, speak english and present you with excellent choices of quiches and menu du Jour, which may vary from Tajine-couscous to Veg. Cassoulet, rice options etc. I was there twice and both times, couldn't have asked for more. Be there early, as this one is quite popular with locals and Tourists alike and gets jam-packed. well done guys!

• Visited April 2014
Sussex, England
“Fantastic veggie in the heart of the carnivorous capital of France”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Toulouse has some fabulous restaurants, sadly they cater mainly for the carnivorous amongst us. We go to France 2 or 3 times a year, i am vegetarian, my husband and children meat eaters. I have never been to such a meat eating part of France before. Don't get me wrong, I love France and French vegetables....but toulouse is tre defficile for veggies....EXCEPT...this little gem. Fabulous salads, great quiche and mains. The prices are really good, did I mention the very quaffable house wine at 7.50?
Nb: go early, we went at 7 and when we left at 8.15 they were very busy ....on a Tuesday evening too

• Visited April 2014
SN5 5GP
“Interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

my fiancee being virtually vegan it is hard to find a place to eat in France and this seemed a decent place to try. Fully vegetarian restaurant in a side street in the pedestrian old town part of Toulouse. The place was full of atmosphere and had a busy down stairs with a modest mezzanine where we ate. The menu is split into choices of one - five options starting from 11 euros for a single course two courses for 12 euros and adding a euro for each extra course you had, A buffet style restaurant apart from drinks had salad as one course, pie or quiche as another, dish of the day as another and soup when available as another followed by a dessert as the fifth course. If therefore you decided just to have a salad and a dessert it would cost 12 euros plus drinks.
The staff were friendly and rushed off their feet it was a very busy place although we never felt rushed at all. The food choice varied as the evening went on as things became available at the buffet. I saw pizza being cooked downstairs in a corner of the restaurant and on the mezzanine a freezer with ice cream for self service although it wasn't until I saw someone helping themselves did I realise that.. Excellent place for veggies or vegans if you wish to avoid places that cook flesh. Loads and loads of atmosphere too.

• Visited March 2014