“Saved our bacon”

La Faim des Haricots
Ranked #68 of 1,802 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Saved our bacon”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

As two vegetarians in France for two weeks this place literally saved us from eating pizza/galette every night. Excellent value for money - I went for the two course option and had a choice of quiches and salad. Went back 3 times in the course of 5 days as it was so good. If you're veggie and in Toulouse this place is a must and, if you're not, then give it a go especially if you're on a budget. Very friendly service and yummy food.

• Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent food and wonderful owner”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you're looking for a great vegetarian meal in Toulouse, this place will certainly have that covered. There were just over 40 of us on the tour and Steve personally made sure we had everything we needed to make our experience well worthwhile
The food was fantastic. I can say no less than that. It was truly a pleasure dining there. I wish I had more time in Toulouse (and France) to revisit the restaurant a second time.
Steve originally is from Austin TX, so obviously is multilingual. I cannot comment on pricing or other aspects, as this was all covered by the tour operator. I cannot imagine though that it would not be anything less than excellent value for €, if the rest of the experience is anything to draw from!
Summing up, give it a go.

• Visited September 2013
Umea, Sweden
“Good for where it is.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is one of only two or three vegetarian restaurants in Toulouse, lets get that out of the way first, and, in my opinion, the 2nd best of the two I have been to.
They have an interesting pricing scheme, and their drinks selection (non-alcoholic at least) is decent. I ate, alone and with friends, 4 times in one week, a lunch and three dinners, late June (week of 24th June). Given that they do not have a soup menu in the summer, and that I hate quiche, I always took the 3 item option which was; salad, main dish and dessert.
The salad bar was quite decent (very little that was vegan), the main dish mostly was some vegetable broth-ish kind of thing with rice, and there were at least 3 desserts, many times included ice-creams.
All of my meals were quite filling, and the desserts were quite good. The ambience was quite decent, the location, amazing (5 min walk from Capitole metro station) and I found the service quite good (waitress was attentive and an English menu was provided).

The main issue I had was with that the main course was a tasteless (flavourless, mostly) vegetable mush (or a tasteless "dal", on one instance). Most of the times I dined there, I really ate as little of the main course as possible.

Given the lack of options, the good location and the relatively affordable prices, I would definitely recommend this place. However, it is important that the prospective diner be aware of what it is. A final note: it is not vegan friendly at all, since most dishes have some milk/egg/cheese content.

• Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A lively atmosphere good selection very fair prices”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a vegetarian restaurant that prices by category. You can buy foods in one category for 10 EU and for each additional category you pay an additional EU up to 14 EU. In summer, there is no soup, so there are only four categories. I took three (quiche and pizza; salad bar; dessert). My wife took only two. The selections vary and are of high quality. We think the pizza and quiche option is the best of all because there are several varieties and it's kept coming and hot. We espeically like the quiche with onions. The restroom is very small and was dirty when we were there the last time. You have to climb the stairs to get ice cream if you want that as part of desert. Wine and beer are extremely inexpensive here. One of the options is to buy a package that includes all five food categories, wine/beer, and a cordial. We'll return here again.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Funky veggie eaterie”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stumbled across this colourful, friendly restaurant for lunch on the weekend. Wonderful veggie buffet food at an affordable price. The staff were really helpful too.

• Visited June 2013