“Be careful: Cleanliness and food quality issue”
Review of RAJASTHAN VILLA

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2019

Having been there many times now. Recently the overall quality is becoming bad.

Service and atmosphere: Cleanliness of the plates and cutlery needs to be maintained.
Food: The main dish and entry were good compared to price but desert (Gulab Jamun, carrot Halwa) served didn't taste like way back in India. They were old and tasted like they were about to spoil. Be careful and take care that you serve good quality food.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed March 27, 2019

Coming from a home location where we have an excellent standard of Indian restaurants, I am used to high standards. I visited Rajasthan Villa in Toulouse for dinner, hoping for a tasty and interesting alternative to the normal French regional cuisine. First impressions were mixed - the ceiling is lavishly decorated and sculpted but the restaurant was dark and rather "lived in". Not much of an atmosphere, and some prospective customers came in then left without ordering.

I ordered a vegetarian thali which was filling and surprisingly very spicy, but a bit one-dimensional (all the items seemed to taste the same with a strong chilli flavour). My starter of onion bhaji was stodgy and not a patch on the one my local curry house in the UK does.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Returned after 2 years away after a disappointing last visit here and it has slipped down even further...
service slow and often absent, so waiting around for the waiters to be served.
Food is not good, tasteless, all the dishes taste the same, no punchy spices, meat tough and full of gristle - this is my last visit ... adieu Rajasthan Villa - you are just robbers .. I pay you good money and you rip me off with very bad food and bad service - I wish you all the bad karma in the world

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019

We were impressed with Rajasthan Villa. We have lived in France for over a year now and previously lived near Birmingham (UK) so I would say we know our curries! Located just off the main square in Toulouse this was a great find for us during a recent stay in this fabulous city. All I can say is that the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming and I really liked the decor. The service was friendly and amazingly speedy. Our dishes were perfect. We enjoyed the onion bhajis (not often presented this way in France), lovely naan, delicious pasander, sag aloo and king prawn dhansak. All dishes were beautifully spiced and we both said that it had been the best Indian meal we have had since we moved to France (we had been spoilt living near Birmingham). well worth a visit and we will be back! We have already recommended this restaurant to friends. Yes, maybe not UK spice levels but our meals were delicious. Slightly pricey but then you get what you pay for and it is in the centre of Toulouse. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

One of my all time favourites has fallen into the trap. I have given rave reviews to this restaurant in the past, but very recently for a family get together I was appalled to see usually quality cuisine reduced to a shambles. I understand that French employment costs usually manage to cripple any hard working successful business, but to see it happen so quickly really makes me angry.To keep the service time to a minimum due to lack of personnel, it was obvious that certain dishes were pre-prepared even heated in the microwave before being served. Bad idea!! Indian cuisine is excellent for its fresh preparation and that should never change. And believe me this restaurant is usually spot on. I hope they'll read this and take it in the spirit in which it's intended. Correct the wrongs and keep the quality we're used too, or we'll all be sad !!

Date of visit: November 2018