“I will gladly stay here again!”
Review of Hotel Heliot

Hotel Heliot
Ranked #25 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very friendly service. Every request was met with a smile! Frederick is a great host!!! Well located, clean. Great wifi throughout the hotel including my room! Room was set up well for recharging all the gizmos we carry around these days. The hotel is not fancy - but very charming. Great value for the money. They have an airport shuttle but I was unable to use it because I had to leave at 4am! But no matter--- they gladly arranged for a taxi to pick me up. Wonderful neighborhood, nearby to sights, shopping, transit, and restaurants. A great hotel experience!!!

Room Tip: There is no lift...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Newly refurbished simple hotel in central Toulouse with a charming owner/host, Frederic. Great value. Historic building. Simple business-like rooms nicely done, and each given some charm because they managed to save all the fireplace fronts & mantels. It fronts on a tiny street where there is virtually no night-time traffic. Your host, Frederic, is young and energetic and charming; speaks excellent English. Knows his city well. Gave good advice on restaurants. This is a business person's hotel, but plenty of tourists as well. It will eventually have a refurbished rear yard and patio. If you will have a car, be sure to try to book the parking ahead with Frederic. Otherwise, there is a huge public garage very close by where you do get a discount. We parked the car and walked.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I booked the Heliot Hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. We had second thoughts as we were driving to it from the Autoroute exit. The surrounding neighborhood is a mixed bag and, because of construction in the area, our GPS took us down may narrow lanes lined with buildings that had seen better days. We parked on the street and went to the door expecting the worst.

AND THEN THE MAGIC BEGAN! The owner welcomed us and, because of a problem with our bookiing on Hotels.com, informed us that we didn't have a reservation. Fortunately he was able to give us a room and thus began the most amazing soujourn of our trip through Southern France.

The hotel is NOT is a dicey neighborhood--it is in the heart of the tourist area and one can easily walk to all the sights that you would want to see. Our room was wonderful; well-decorated, comfortable and charming and we enjoyed the "express" breakfast the next morning. Most of all, we enjoyed our delightful host. What a genius he was to have found and renovated this building before the neighborhood exploded with new construction.

By the time I have submitted this review, the construction should have been completed and you can access the hotel directly off Ave. Jean -Juares. This hotel is surrounded by other more costly hotels but I don't think you could find better accommodations at any price.

PS This hotel is easily accessible from the train station or by car. No parking is provided, but it is only a block away from a massive parking structure. We were fortunate to have found street parking at no cost on the day our our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We spent just one night in Toulouse, as a last night treat with my daughter before she returned to the UK. We chose the Heliot having read such great reviews on Tripadvisor. We had a warm welcome upon arrival, and the central location makes the sights of Toulouse very accessible on foot. The hotel is situated on a peaceful side street. We arrived by train, which was very easy as the hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the station, and the bus for the airport is just around the corner from the hotel. We opted for the Junior Suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. We can not wait until we can return, and will definitely stay at the Heliot again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Aubin68
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The owner, Frederic, greets you at the door and makes sure you have everything you need. I was surprised when I walked into the room and found such a modern bathroom. The rooms themselves were plenty big and had nice new furnishings.

I thought the location might require a walk to the sites we wanted to see, but it took only minutes to get to shopping, restaurants and museums.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hotel Heliot on either end of a two week cycle tour of the region. It's a terrific little hotel. It's a five minute walk to the train station, there's a Metro stop a couple of blocks away, and the old part of the city is at your feet. Great location. Our room both times was lovely--tastefully decorated, well appointed, firm and comfortable bed, big bathroom with a good shower, and lots of light. Breakfast is simple and delicious--croissants and coffee. The room rates are reasonable, even a bargain. All of this would be reason enough to rate this hotel five star but that would leave out the best part--the owner and manager, Frederic. He is thoroughly delightful. He's fluent in English and Spanish, knows the city and offered excellent recommendations for neighborhood restaurants and a walking tour, and made us feel we were guests in his home. He got up at 5:00 to say bon voyage. We stored our big suitcases with him while we were away, assembled and disassembled our tandem in his small reception area, and sent a package to the hotel to hold for our return. Pas de problem. The Hotel Heliot is one of our favorite hotels in all of France.

Room Tip: Although Frederic will take your luggage up and down the lovely, winding staircase for you, if you d...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I spent 10 days in Toulouse recently for work and decided to stay at the Hotel Heliot on the strength of other reviews on this site. I was not disappointed. Fred, the owner, spoke excellent English and was very helpful (including when I was locked into my room by an unresponsive door lock). The rooms themselves are simple but spotlessly clean, and they have clearly been remodeled within the last few years. For the price, this is one of the better urban hotels I've stayed in (and I travel frequently). Strongly recommended.

One final story: when I left for the airport early on my final morning to return to the US, I inadvertently left my car, house, and office keys in the room (much to my horror when I got home to my front door). Fred has mailed them back to me free of charge. Suffice to say, one doesn't find this kind of service everywhere.

Room Tip: I stayed in rooms 20 and 33. Room 20 was away from the street and slightly quieter, although I had...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business