“Lovely food, great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Winter Garden

The Winter Garden
Ranked #13 of 1,806 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely food, great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We visited the Winter Garden on Wednesday night perhaps earlier than most diners, at 7.30 and were the first customers of the night, so no problem for us getting a table.
We weren't put off by this due to the positive reviews here on Trip advisor.

The 2 men serving we're obviously those mentioned in other reviews, full of humour and very polite. Customer service was obviously a high priority.

The food was lovely and of a high standard. For starters we had goats cheese on crusted toasts, and gizzards with salad!
Mains were steak, and duck with a fruity sauce, both served with the famous layered potatoes in cream.
My only tiny fault would be the complete lack of a vegetable, but this is very typical in every French restaurant I've been in so far. Very strange since the range and quality of the vegetables in the markets are the best I've ever seen!

Although the restaurant became almost full, there was no pressure for us to hurry and leave. We had a further half carafe of red wine and enjoyed the atmosphere.
I would highly recommend the Winter Garden for a very enjoyable meal. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen M

“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love Toulouse. This is my second trip to the city and I made sure to come back here again! So far this is one of my favorite places in the city. The staff is unbelievably kind and lively. They're very passionate about what they do and are very easy to get along with and joke around with. The food is absolutely delicious and I've had the opportunity to try foods I've never had before. Located conveniently right by my hotel. Worth every penny! Enjoyed eating outdoors in lively little alley right outside the restaurant. The food was great, the service was great, and unlike many other places I've been here, the glassware and utensils were spotless!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank elvis b
Hamburg, Germany
“Warm welcome and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Toulouse with friends and had dinner at The Winter Garden on a Saturday night. Already the reservation was a pleasure, because one could feel the welcoming spirit of the restaurant. As we arrived one of the owners, the young man, who had answered the phone before, led us to our table and gave us the feeling to be known already and not tourist being here for the first time. The service was really excellent and familiar and the food was fantastic and tasty. The proposed vines perfect. We really enjoyed our stay here and will come back, when again on our next visit.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Gaby B
“a evening of entertainment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Sited in street to the rear of crown plaza hotel. We tried to get in on evening of arrival but they were booked, but took our family group the next evening.it is owned and front of house managed by two brothers. Fluent English and provided such a friendly/funny service that I rate it as the most enjoyable evening ever had at a restaurant- and I am well travelled. The food is of a high standard. With fixed prices for either two or three courses. Do make this a must if u go to Toulouse.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank wavell m
Kitchener,Ontario
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

From the moment we entered the doorway we were greeted and welcomed by the two brothers( owners) like long lost friends. We were a large mixed group of Canadians and French and the attentive, enthusiastic service was provided in both English and French. Appetizers, entrees and desserts were superb. We look forward to our next visit!

• Visited May 2014