“Possibly the worst Italian meal ever”
Review of Le Carpaccio

Le Carpaccio
Ranked #266 of 2,245 Restaurants in Toulouse
Cuisines: Diner, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Video at youtu.Be/mhvhcewpmX8 It was in 1990s that Le Carpaccio settled in the Pink City on Place Wilson, then Union and Labege. Since May 2012, Le Carpaccio returned in Toulouse a few steps from Place Wilson, Boulevard Strasbourg. Our young and dynamic team will be happy to welcome you 7/7 in a cozy and warm atmosphere. Our terrace is open for the arrival of the beautiful saison. Come and taste our favorite formulas (Charolais and Magret), our ravioli, pasta De Cecco our recognized among the best in the world. You'll love the finesse of our Carpaccio, a preparation of meat raw beef, thinly sliced​​, drizzled with olive oil and garnished with parmesan. Claudio, Carpaccio pizzaiolo puts you Italy mouth with its delicious pizzas which dough recipe is kept secret.
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My lovely wife and I visited this restaurant on Boulevard de Strasbourg for dinner on our first evening in Toulouse as we were staying in the nearby Ibis hotel. We decided to sit inside to avoid the smokers on the terrace. This turned out to be a bad move as we were largely neglected while the waiters poured all their attention on those outside. We eventually managed to place our order after about 15 minutes of being ignored.

My wife ordered the salmon linguine. It was pretty poor, especially the sauce which was tasteless and really oily. But it was great compared to my baked cuttlefish. The fish was insipid and tasteless. Nothing like what you get in Italy. Worse still was the accompanying pasta and it's alleged pesto sauce. I couldn't detect any basil, garlic, pine nuts or parmesan. The whole thing just tasted of butter. And I hate butter! I know this is France and butter is something of a national obsession but this is supposed to be an Italian restaurant! Being English, I was reluctant to send it back but I just couldn't eat it. My wife is a bit more pushy so she spoke to the waiter, once she finally got his attention, and after initially denying there was any butter on the dish they finally came clean and agree to replace it. I ended up having the safe option of a marguerita pizza. It was OK but not very authentic. Definitely not cooked in a wood fired oven and strangely like something my mother might have fed me from the freezer back in the 1980s.

All in all a truly awful experience. I'm giving them two stars simply because they had the decency to replace the cuttlefish and not charge me for it. But in many ways it really was a one star experience. Avoid like the plague!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018

On our last day in Toulouse we didnt want to walk a lot to find a restaurant as we spent the last week walking more than 10 hours a day and the weather was not great. A few places we looked at were either close or didnt appeal to us. SO, after looking quickly at review on tripadvisor on my phone, we went to Carpaccio.

Thruth be told, we expected a chain-type restaurant aimed at tourist which it is not...(must be the bright neon sign that threw us off)

The menu is very affordable and varied. My friend ordered a pizza and I took the special steak frites. My steak as good but the fries were amazing (best I had during this trip) and all you can eat. The wine paired nicely with our choices and the service was great as well! Appetizer salad was also very tasty!

All and all a great end for a great trip!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

What can I say. I was recently in Toulouse for 4 days and I visited this restaurant 3 times. Never disappointed. There's loads of other restaurants in the area, with more choice on the menu, but what they serve they cook well. The staff are very, very friendly and helpful. Can't do enough for you.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

This restaurant was close to the hotel and was invitingly illuminated.

The menu is primarily Italian with a mix of pizzas, salads and meat dishes. The food can best be described as average, though the portions are more than ample.

Service is quick and efficient and the staff friendly. It is in an area of the city with lots of other restaurants, many of which offer Italian food. The food on offer here is no better or worse than others close-by.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018

Le Carpaccio is an Italian restaurant, with friendly and fast service. The food is average, but not expensive and the overall experience was OK.

Date of visit: May 2018