Me and my girlfriend are travelling round Europe and decided to stay here as it was cheap and we had stayed in many other Accor Group hotels (currently laid on a bed in Etap writing this).
The location was ok, it wasn't near the city centre however, there is a metro station about 3 minutes walk from the hotel.
We arrived and at first all seemed fine. The gentleman on the front desk spoke great English and was very pleasant. We got to the room and again everything seemed fine. However, that's where it started to go down hill for the following reasons:
1. First problem, we went to use the sink and it only gave out hot water, no cold.
2. We went to check out the shared shower/toilet facilities. There were a good number of showers however only 1 of them was clean; the rest were covered in grime, dirty towels and pubic hair. The toilets were ok but occasionally covered in pee where other occupants hadn't cleaned up after themselves.
3. No noise reduction in the hotel what so ever. So if a person scratches his behind in another room, you could easily count the number of scratches! The first night we were unable to sleep due to a baby crying all night. Second night we were kept awake by another couple having sex. Third night there were children running up and down the halls.
4. The cleaner would walk down the halls at 9-10am and knock on people's doors to wake them up to clean. Due to this we were woken before desired but decided to leave the room within half an hour so that she could clean the room. We would then spend all day doing our touristy activities and return to the room around 8pm local time. Every day we came back she had never gone in the room to clean so for 3 days we had the same sheets, the same towels and an unemptied bin.
Finally to top it off, we couldn't complain about any of these issues because after checking in we hardly saw the English speaking gentleman and when we did he was very busy, the other member of reception staff was very friendly but didn't speak a word of English so couldn't communicate with her at all.
So yeh, in short... Nice from a distance but don't go there! It has completely put me off the HotelF1 chain!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your hotelF1 Toulouse Universite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.