Hotel Riquet
$134
  • Restaurant
$98
$90
Ibis Toulouse Centre(Toulouse)(Great Value!)
$68
$133
Travelocity
$62
$60
All reviewsspa poolamazing poolking sizethe hotel staffstayed at this hotel for nightscanal du midicentre of townthe air conditioningsuperior roomminute walktop floorvery nice hotelvisiting toulousestreetcitystation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel Riquet has at present 2 different area: one already renovated and another one still to be renovated; unfortunately we had a room in this last one.

The room was big and clean but not at the level of a 3 stars hotel: we had problem with the toilt, the air conditioning and there was not frigo bar, very useful n the past weeks wile in France there was "alerte canicule".

So after 1 night there we decided to leave without doing the 2nd night booked.

The staff was very helpful, they apologized and asked for having our mail in order to invite us 1 night for free once ended the renovation; they did not want us to pay the fees for the parking and surprised us for being so nice.

So if you go there just check to have a renovated rooms in order not to have the same problems.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
PIGANIOL, Directeur général at Hotel Riquet, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Silvia,
Many thanks for your input. Hôtel Riquet has been undergoing serious renovation work -almost continuously- for the last 10 years or so.
Again, I sincerely apologize for your negative experience with us and would like to reaffirm our invitation for you and your family once refurbishment of the Chartreuse is completed.

We have a lot of novelties and surprises that we cannot disclose quite yet, but I can assure you that they'll contribute in making your next stay with us a far better one than last.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2011

A nice hotel, very good location, close to the subway and the train station, but in a calm area at the same time, moreover in a walking distance from the down-town. Friendly staff, no problems with communication in English. Rooms very clean and nicely furnished.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank meastraveller
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was booked quite late, so I ended up staying in an executive suite, rather than a basic room, as that was all that was still available. The room was clean, nicely decorated and quite well-appointed ubt it was just a big bedroom - not a suite with separate sitting and bed rooms.

Fast fee wi-fi available, which always scores extra points for me.

Good continental breakfast, but the breakfast room was a bit over-crowded...some people had to leave as all tables were taken.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveNorthumberland
Reviewed June 8, 2011

A friend and I were doing some travelling out of Toulouse and needed a hotel for three different times over period of three weeks. She left it to me to choose. I had stayed a few times at a hotel with a wonderful view, but it had become rather pricey. The Riquet has recently become a 3-star hotel, and appealed by virtue of its reasonable prices and location near the train station. I was hesitant at first because it is not in the centre of town, but in the end decided to book there. Because the reservation was complicated I chose to phone rather than book online. Not only did I save a lot of time, I also made the acquaintqance of René Pigagnol, who turned out to be the manager-owner, who spoke superb English, and who was most accommodating in agreeing to store my bicycle for a while while I was off travelling.
What a great choice! Almost all of the staff speak excellent English, including René's delightful wife Valerie, and they will bend over backwards to help, and with a sense of humour. One of the staff even offered to help me build my bike!
The hotel itself is in a a very old building with a huge inner court, and the rooms are spacious by European standards, very nicely decorated and furnished. The bathrooms are virtually new. I treated myself to a superior/deluxe room as the price was reasonable, and had a bright, cheerful and quiet room on the top floor looking over the courtyard and out to the trees and buildings beyond. Street-facing rooms are quiet as long as you keep the double-glazed windows closed, and there is AC in most rooms.
Breakfast - 10.50 euros - was abundant with fresh pastries and breads, fruit, yoghurt, meats, cheeses and boiled eggs. Bar service is available in the courtyard, and there is a room service dinner option which we never used.
The walk to the centre of town took about 7 minutes - Toulouse is old and compact and an easy city to explore on foot. The walk to the station and the airport bus took 5 minutes. One small caution - the hotel is on Rue Riquet, a one-way southbound street and must be approached off of Jean Jaures blvd.
It doesn't have a fancy entrance or a grand lobby, but neither does it have the prices. Definitely a find.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank gettingandspending
PIGANIOL, Propriétaire at Hotel Riquet, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Hello there!

Many, many, many thanks for your kind words! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your various stays with us as it also was a pleasure having you here!

We are keeping a safe and resolute course towards modern times and are getting closer to a major demo work that will open a bright, comfortable and warm place (but I cannot disclose too much information quite yet)

Again, many thanks for your review of Hotel Riquet (which only failed to mention how handsome our receptionnists are... -joking) Take good care and see you on your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Like all hotel rooms in France, the quarters are small, but the hotel staff are multilingual, courteous, and helpful. The hotel is very convenient to both the Matibiau SNCF train/bus station and the Metro line about 400 meters away. I walked to Capitole and beyond easily, and there are both restaurants and a couple of grocers within a few blocks. The rooms facing the courtyard were relatively quiet, even though the train is nearby. I certainly heard it, but it was not obtrusive. (I can't imagine the rooms facing the street are louder since they are facing away from the train and are on a small street with little traffic.)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business