Hotel Albert 1er
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Wilson Square(Toulouse)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationjeanne d'arcthe main squarequiet streetcentral locationmodern bathroomcoffee machineexcellent breakfastby european standardswould stay here againthree starwithin walking distancesmall hotelplace du capitolesouthern francegood sizequiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at the Albert 1er in September and fully met my needs. The location is excellent, located on a quiet side street near the center of the old part of the city and the Capitole but easy walking distance from the inner ring road and public transportation. There are interesting shopping streets and historical sites nearby and the food market in the ground floor of the nearby Victor Hugo parking garage was excellent and very convenient!

My room was clean and well-equipped with adequate space and a modern bathroom and shower. Normal features and condition for a three-star establishment. Wifi service was reliable if a little slow, but no slower than I found at other hotels during my trip. The self-serve breakfast was good, with the usual selection of bread, pastries, cheese, fruit, yogurt and meats. The price for breakfast was reasonable for what you get and compared to options outside the hotel. No coffee in the room but the coffee machine in the breakfast room makes pretty good coffee.

The hotel has the feel of a business hotel with what appear to be some meeting rooms and business center options, but it is small and still has a comfortable feel for a tourist traveler. I found the staff helpful on all occasions and always able to answer questions in English when my french failed me.

Note that the hotel does not have a garage and there is no on-street parking nearby. But they have an arrangement with a large municipal garage about 5 minutes walk away (Place Jeanne d'Arc) and you can get a discount ticket for the garage from the hotel desk for 10-15 euros per day. The airport shuttle stops at Place Jean-Jaurès, which is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
HannaAlbert1er, Responsable réception at Hotel Albert 1er, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I had a great pleasure reading your comments following your stay with us.
Guest satisfaction is the best encouragement we can expect.
I will be very happy to share them with the entire team. I’m specially glad that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast with only local and organic farming products.
If you come back do not hesitate to book a "superior" or an "executive" room (they all equipped with a coffee machine.)
Best regards

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is located close to place Victor Hugo, where you can find a wonderful food market, nice restaurants and shops. Rooms are nice and clean, and the quality of the service was satisfying. Good Quality/price ratio! Excellent if you want to spend a couple of nights in the hearth ofToulouse.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your impressions with regards to your recent stay with us.
We are happy that you enjoyed our services.
Awaiting for the pleasure to see you here again.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable room for the price point. Central location near shops and eateries. We stayed with a baby and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Good value for money. It's not the most flash hotel in town, but we got a reasonably sized room, hot shower and air con for what we felt was a good price.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you very much for those few words.
I’m glad that you liked the time spent in our hotel, the quality of our service and the breakfast.
Guest feedback is important to us.

Hope to see you again in Toulouse
Sincerely

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was traveling solo and this hotel met my needs well. It is a GREAT location, just a block of the main square and easy walks to all the major sights.
The staff is very helpful with restaurant recommendations and provides a great city map and several brochures regarding city attractions, restaurants and shopping.
Breakfast was very complete including a "squeeze your own fresh orange juice" machine. Coffee machine for all coffee drinks..may be a drawback for some..but I am a tea drinker so not a bother.
Rooms are small, but very clean, A/C works well, and small but remodeled bathrooms with good light and great water pressure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
HannaAlbert1er, Responsable réception at Hotel Albert 1er, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I had a great pleasure reading your comments following your stay with us. Thank you very much for those words. I’m very happy to share them with the entire team.
Guest satisfaction is the best encouragement we can expect.
For your next visit we can suggest you a bigger room. The establishment have 5 different rooms types from 10m2 to 21m2 ;
Hope to welcome you here again.
Sincerly,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great location being so central, friendly and helpful staff, nice room. Breakfast expensive at 11 euros and the buffet and coffee machine were not topped up for ages even though there weren't many of us in for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HannaAlbert1er, Responsable réception at Hotel Albert 1er, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I have just read your comments regarding your stay with us and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel.
For breakfast you have various choices: 7€ for a continental breakfast served in the room or our buffet at 11 € with 50 different products (only local or organic). However, we thank you for your feedback concerning the breakfast and it will be shared with the hole team. Your feedback help us to become better.
Sincerly