“Single people get a poor deal.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Albert 1er
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester
“Single people get a poor deal.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I could definitely not have swung a cat in my poky room. The curtains were out of the ark, the whole feel of the room was shabby.
The first receptionist ignored me and did not respond to "Bonjour", the second one was very friendly and pleasant.
The location of the hotel was very centrally.
Overall, very disappointing. Single people pay more per head yet get a bad deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mancunian53
HotelAlbert1er, Responsable réception at Hotel Albert 1er, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us.
I am glad to see that you appreciated our central location of our hotel.

However I am really sorry to see that your stay was not up to your expectations.

We are sorry we were not able to offer you the service you expected and wish to apologize for the disappointment.

Yours sincerely.

David HILAIRE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Its a nice hotel. In a good central location. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are basic but clean. Air con in room isnt fantastic though. Would stay again due to location. Parking isnt great but we used a secure car park 10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelAlbert1er, Responsable réception at Hotel Albert 1er, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Following your recent stay at the hotel Albert 1er Toulouse, we wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Awaiting for the pleasure to see you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We took two rooms for two night and paid for breakfast in advance (two for one). The location is very quiet - my wife and I took a room with a window into the back courtyard which was less picturesque that the room looking onto the road that our sons had but it was totally quiet. Mind you the road outside if not noisy so not a problem either. The hotel staff are consistently helpful and pleasant and there is free wifi (though it had a technical problem for one of the two days). There is a computer and printer available for customer use (again free). Breakfast was a typical buffet and fine. Worth using.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank johnsuggestions
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comment.
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we all here expect to see you again very soon.

Yours sincerely

Helena, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its TripAdvisor rating and reviews, as well as its location, and we weren't disappointed. The room was attractive, comfortable, and quiet. The hotel itself is located close to many attractions, so we were able to take several different walks during our short stay. (We returned to our air-conditioned room frequently, because the temperature in late July was close to 95 degrees during our visit.) In addition, the room and the bathroom were sparklingly clean.

The hotel staff was helpful and friendly, providing sight-seeing information and a brochure that outlined different walking tours. The hotel also sent a pre-visit e-mail with directions and helpful information on parking options in the area.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel (the cost was relatively high for three people), but there are many boulangeries and cafes in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NW England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great find, based on reviews below. Staff helpful, breakfast excellent. Room quiet. Small, but very French- no corporate boredom here. Everything I needed was there- very comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, and given the heatwave, air conditioning was welcome. I often find I am disturbed by other guests in a hotel, but I never heard a thing all week- I began to think I was the only one in there. Very worthy of its excellence rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
private
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Toulouse and I chose an hotel from the web on the basis of reviews and price. We chose a "comfort" room which was indeed comfortable with a large shower room and good air conditioning. It was rather smaller than we had expected, though since we were staying for only one night this was not a problem.
The location of the hotel was excellent, very conveniently situated for the sights and for shopping.
We enjoyed the breakfast, though we would have appreciated having some butter which was not provided.
The staff were all very helpful and overall we have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was only in Toulouse for one night in May to break a journey, and selected the Albert 1er mainly for its location. I was able to walk from the station and the hotel is very close to the town square, resturants, shops etc.

While my room wasnt yet ready when I arrived the reception staff were welcoming and provided me with a map and information pack so I could fill in an hour or so while I waited. With heavy bags, the elevator was a welcome sight!

The room itself was larger than other single rooms I've had in Europe and had room to spread out a bit. It was fairly basic in decor but for a short stay it met my needs. Unfortunately the walls must be quite thin as I was able to hear conversations in the room next to mine, but other than that the location was quiet and I had a good sleep.

The breakfast included a good variety and it was nice to have the coffee machine and to be able to make your own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo