Hotel Albert 1er
Orbitz.com
$190
$129
  • Restaurant
Ibis Toulouse Centre(Toulouse)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationjeanne d'arcthe main squarequiet streetcentral locationmodern bathroomcoffee machineexcellent breakfastby european standardswould stay here againthree starwithin walking distancesmall hotelplace du capitolesouthern francegood sizequiet at night
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its TripAdvisor rating and reviews, as well as its location, and we weren't disappointed. The room was attractive, comfortable, and quiet. The hotel itself is located close to many attractions, so we were able to take several different walks during our short stay. (We returned to our air-conditioned room frequently, because the temperature in late July was close to 95 degrees during our visit.) In addition, the room and the bathroom were sparklingly clean.

The hotel staff was helpful and friendly, providing sight-seeing information and a brochure that outlined different walking tours. The hotel also sent a pre-visit e-mail with directions and helpful information on parking options in the area.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel (the cost was relatively high for three people), but there are many boulangeries and cafes in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great find, based on reviews below. Staff helpful, breakfast excellent. Room quiet. Small, but very French- no corporate boredom here. Everything I needed was there- very comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, and given the heatwave, air conditioning was welcome. I often find I am disturbed by other guests in a hotel, but I never heard a thing all week- I began to think I was the only one in there. Very worthy of its excellence rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Toulouse and I chose an hotel from the web on the basis of reviews and price. We chose a "comfort" room which was indeed comfortable with a large shower room and good air conditioning. It was rather smaller than we had expected, though since we were staying for only one night this was not a problem.
The location of the hotel was excellent, very conveniently situated for the sights and for shopping.
We enjoyed the breakfast, though we would have appreciated having some butter which was not provided.
The staff were all very helpful and overall we have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was only in Toulouse for one night in May to break a journey, and selected the Albert 1er mainly for its location. I was able to walk from the station and the hotel is very close to the town square, resturants, shops etc.

While my room wasnt yet ready when I arrived the reception staff were welcoming and provided me with a map and information pack so I could fill in an hour or so while I waited. With heavy bags, the elevator was a welcome sight!

The room itself was larger than other single rooms I've had in Europe and had room to spread out a bit. It was fairly basic in decor but for a short stay it met my needs. Unfortunately the walls must be quite thin as I was able to hear conversations in the room next to mine, but other than that the location was quiet and I had a good sleep.

The breakfast included a good variety and it was nice to have the coffee machine and to be able to make your own.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I am very fussy about certain things, such as the absence of real coffee in most hotel rooms. No, I do not want to stagger downstairs and speak to anyone before my coffee! French hotels do not usually even offer a kettle, but this one had not only a coffee machine in the room (a sort of rival of the Nespresso), but the option of making tea! AND the tea (Earl Grey) was totally drinkable! None of this Lipton Yellow crap. VERY impressed! What a great way to start your day. Besides that, very comfortable beds (we slept like logs), quiet air-con, a lovely bathtub, good shower, a bidet (yep, I like those) and oodles of space. I loved the antique details, such as the wide marble mantlepiece (gorgeous to look at, but also practical) and the antique, beautiful beds (and not even squeaky!). Free wifi was a bonus, though it was a bit faffy (had to re-log on every time). Reception staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Free newspapers in lobby. A small fridge in the room (forget the bottles, you can store your foie gras!). I also loved the proper wooden floors, very clean and warm. If you're after a twin bedroom, ask for Room 101. I really cannot fault this place in any way. Last but not least, a fantastic location in a quiet street!

Room Tip: Front-facing; spacious; bath; twin beds: Room 101
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends