“Very good stay”

Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
Paris
“Very good stay”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Very well situated, spacious room. Good welcoming, free internet. It is a good place to stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I really liked this hotel. I loved the bedroom I was staying in. It was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly. I very much enjoyed my stay in this hotel

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gallylass
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I chose this hotel despite the unfavourable reviews chiefly because it had a car park and was pretty central -- we needed somewhere safe to leave our hire car and I was getting a bit desperate as reasonably-priced hotels with parking seem to be extremely thin on the ground in Toulouse. So I was a bit nervous about what we would find when we got there. But, on the whole, it was a good choice for our two-night stay. Yes, the room was a bit shabby and, for what was billed as a superior room, rather small, but on the plus side it was very clean, the bed was comfortable and everything worked OK -- including the air-con, which was reasonably quiet and most welcome, even in October. As others have said, the staff were friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent -- someone even went out specially to buy croissants for us one morning. But the best thing about the Raymond IV is probably its location. It is within easy walking distance (a few minutes) of the main Capitole square and the surrounding shops, restaurants, markets and galleries, plus there is a metro station at the bottom of the road if you want to venture a bit further or give your feet a rest. The parking cost EUR8 a day but we were happy to pay extra for this convenience as Toulouse is a beautiful city that is best explored at a leisurely pace on foot. All in all, I'd say that if you like a hotel with a touch of glamour then this is definitely not the place for you, but if you just want reasonably-priced, no frills accommodation in a quiet but convenient location, then you could do worse than the Raymond IV. I would have given it 3.5 out of 5 if I could.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The only great thing about this place is the night clerk that is extremely helpful and friendly. The day staff are the complete opposite. The room decor is horrible and there were coffee stains on the night stand for days. I had an huge allergy attack, a serious one for the first time which I couldn't breathe. I suspect it's the air-con. I don't usually write condemning reviews but for this price, I am really upset with this place. The carpet is in a disgusting state. Moreover, the streets just outside the hotel is lined with working girls at night. Please do not stay here and ruin your vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
florida
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed at this hotel and was suppose to have a superior room.However when we got to our
Room it was very basic and small.We were than directed to another room which had 3 beds
In it none of which were made up.
Our third room turned out to be acceptable after we asked the staff to take the extra bed out(the room was suppose to be a suite)but we did not need the bed.
The staff were very helpful and their English was good.
The hotel was within walking distance of the center of the city and not far from many
Restaurants.
I would not consider this a 3 star hotel
Although clean it needs renovation

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Svendborg, Denmark
Reviewed September 12, 2011

excellent location 5 min walk from the central squares of Toulouse and 5 min walk from train and airport shuttle.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I took my Mum here for a weekend away, and was very disappointed after reading some of the good reviews, even though they were very mixed. The room was quite shabby, with the wallpaper bubbling and virtually falling off the walls, and it felt dingy. Unbelievably there was no shower, just shower-head over the (yellow) bath, and I damaged my neck trying to wash my hair over the sink.
The cups provided in the room were plastic, with only one tea bag, one pack of milk, and it felt as though cost had been skimped everywhere such as on the bottles of shampoo, and bathroom accessories.
The floors are very thin and noise came from upstairs at night, and the TV had a limit to how high you could put the volume which was too low.
I would not reccommend a stay here, as the location was also not particularly nice.
I have to say the front desk staff were very helpful however.

Very disappointing, even though it is a budget hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends