“Great Find & Fantastic Food.”
Review of Le Sans Mensonge - CLOSED

Le Sans Mensonge
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2012

First Impressions.

Don't be put off by the unprepossessing location of this restaurant as you will be pleasantly surprised what delightful French food is served her by enthusiastic young people. I returned to the restaurant this time after stumbling across it by accident and again I was not disappointed. Our host again was Eric who was charming, helpful and humorous and translated the menu perfectly. The décor is modern and quirky with little lighting and red painted walls. We were seated on the ground floor level but there is a basement here also.

The Food & Service.

After Eric carefully translated the menu and gave my wife and I a selection of wines to choose from we started with Duck, scallop & foie- gras salad that was delicious and a quirky twist on a Club Sandwich with melted mozzarella. An unusual starter but very well constructed and it tasted delicious. For main course we had the Pork Fillet with apple pure and seasonal vegetables & Duck Breast On a potato rostie with seasonal vegetables. Both dishes tasted delicious. For desert I decided on the Triple Choc desert and my wife tried the Pannacotta, which was very tasty and well-constructed. We finished off the meal with complementary shots of Pear & Walnut Vodka which I must say were a pleasant treat. The service throughout the evening was excellent, Eric was the only person waiting in the restaurant but he was uber- cool. Attentive at all times and nothing was too much trouble.

Overall

My wife and I had a great evening at Le Sans Mensonge, and we would definitely return. The service was fantastic, the food was tasty, well presented and reasonably priced for the standard of the food.

Service- 9/10
The Food- 8 /10
Value for Money - 9/10 The meal cost about 90 euros for aperitifs, three courses and a delicious bottle of Red Wine @ 24euros.
My Verdict- 9/10

Would I recommend ? Yes– Would I return ? – Yes

1  Thank thehungrybutcher
There are newer reviews for Le Sans Mensonge

Reviewed February 7, 2012

This restaurant was okay, but we had expected something spectacular. It seemed to be trying to be 'something special' and failed in both the food and the ambiance. Its saving grace was the staff, but even they could not make up for the average and EXPENSIVE food and wine

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant and then later discovered it was rated #2 in Trip Advisor. It's a nice place, with very good food and excellent service.

Upon arriving, we were welcomed by Eric, a very friendly young man, who also waited on us and provided top notch service. The upstairs was very lively and full, so he took us downstairs to a wine cellar style room which was interesting, cozy and very quiet. My husband's steak was very good, and my lamb was good, but not great (my only slight disappointment). The salad with fig, and the crispy bowl with mushrooms were excellent.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant when visiting Toulouse.

2  Thank WED439
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We had an excellent meal and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The enthusiastic young people who run the establishment were charming, helpful and humorous. The wine, for the price, was very good and the food was delicious. We would definitely recommend Le Sans Mesonge

2  Thank drs2307
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I ate here with my wife for a special occasion based on trip advisor reviews. The food is certainly worth the visit and the service is energetic. We had fantastic mojitos to begin and then three excellently presented and tasty courses for a very reasonable 70 Euros including wine and coffee. A couple of let downs though. The first table we were shown to was in downstairs in a corner of the (admittedly well decorated) cellar. However it was next to the ventilation fan and it was pretty noisy so we moved to a more central table. Also my main course of lamb was very nice except that all the vegetables were cold.....so is it the best restaurant in Toulouse....no, Michel Sarran is better albeit significantly more expensive. Nevertheless, it's almost there...a few little improvements and it could be amazing....definitely worth a try!

2  Thank Euan_Barr