We are finishing a week's car trip in the Languedoc, beginning and ending in Toulouse. I write this from our room In the Mercure and I'm looking forward to check-out!! We stayed a week ago at the Pullman here, but they were full for our return, and how I wish we were there!
From the minute we arrived at the Mercure, it has been one unpleasant experience after another. The young man at the check-in was brusque, and there was nobody available to help bring the luggage up the 10 or so stairs that take you from the ground-level entrance to the lobby. The lobby itself is rather bare with seating that looks like it came from someone's 60's era "mod" basement.
The carpeting in the hallways is dirty and gross. They allow travelers with pets here and I kept looking at the stains and thinking that several pampered French pooches had pooped in the halls as they do on sidewalks all over the country. The room has a damp and sour smell and everything in it is worn and shabby.
Considering there are so many hotels in varying price ranges in the area, I can't think of a single reason to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 120 rooms and 28 appartments hotel located in the city center of Toulouse, 500 m from the Capitole and 800 m from the Musée des Augustins museum. The hotel features 405sqm of meeting rooms, one restaurant and one bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercure Toulouse Centre Saint-Georges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Toulouse Saint Georges Hotel Toulouse
- Accor Toulouse Saint Georges