Finding a decent hotel in Toulouse is not easy. Many are old and smelly. Some are expensive and... smelly. But the Mercure Saint Georges is exactly as you would expect it: no nonsense, modern, clean. This may not be saying much, but in Toulouse, that's already plenty! Rooms are not huge, but that is often the case in downtown Toulouse.
As far as location is concerned, you can't get more central. It is in the heart of town and right above a nice shopping mall. Downside is that it is in a complex of buildings built in the 1970s that, well, hasn't aged gracefully. But in 2 minutes, you are out of there and into the historic centre.
The staff is very nice and helpful, always a plus in a French hotel.
What really shone was the breakfast. Incredibly diverse selection of foods, from croissants, to cheese, to meats, to dairy products... And all very tasty. I would go back to this hotel just for the breakfast! Still, at 18 euros, they can afford to make it good.
All in all, for a stay in Toulouse, I would recommend this hotel. I will certainly go there again. The only category of guests that may not be happy with this hotel is couples out for a romantic stay. But really, if you want to get romantic, don't go to a Mercure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 120 rooms and 28 appartments hotel located in the city center of Toulouse, 500 m from the Capitole and 800 m from the Musée des Augustins museum. The hotel features 405sqm of meeting rooms, one restaurant and one bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Accorhotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Toulouse Centre Saint-Georges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Toulouse Saint Georges Hotel Toulouse
- Accor Toulouse Saint Georges