“Great location, good value”

Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed March 1, 2009

We stayed here last summer and had a great time. Nice clean rooms. Ours was a little small but perfectly fine for a city break.

We found the staff friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 19, 2009

I was over in Toulouse for the Toulouse V Glasgow Rugby game.
I picked this hotel as there were other Glasgow fans staying here.

The hotel is very central, a minutes walk and you are on the main drag. Plenty of Restaurants, Bars etc very close to the hotel. The hotel is hidden down a wee side street but it is clearly sign posted so easy to find.

Check in was quick and easy. The Staff were very friendly and spoke enough English to get by, I know a bit of French but not enough to get me by. My friend and I were put on the 5th Floor at the back. The room was small by UK standard but still enough room for two people. The best were comfy and had plenty of covers on. The Air con was very good and could be easily controlled. Mini bar was well stocked but, as usual, expensive. Bath room was bigger than I expected, Great shower and sink. The TV had a fair number of channels however only two were in English (BBC World and Eurosport).
We never ate in the hotel so I can't comment on this. They have a small bar but it is shut at weekends.

If I ever go back to Toulouse this would be the first hotel I check for a room.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank muzzer_mc
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I booked a room via the Accor website and my stay was not very nice:
1/ renovation in the hotel, in particular in the room next to mine. Nobody did notify me, it was noisy enough to not be able to work in my room. Solution from the front-desk: work in the bar were a single plug is available and employees seem to really like to noisy coffee machine next to my table. BTW, do not expect a real table or a real chair, and of course nobody in the hotel cares to know if the situation is acceptable or not.
2/ employees take your name at breakfast everyday but do not think that it means they maintain a list of your breakfast. By default, they charge you _all_ the breakfasts and when you notify the employee that they charged breakfast you did not take, they try to discuss to explain you that this is your fault and only after few minutes of discussions they propose to refund you.

At the end it was a very unpleasant stay and the worst is that when i contacted the Accor customer service, the answer was very unprofessional (no apology, "everything is normal" type of answer, they just enumerate the hotel's rules -- but when you check-in, they do not give you these rules, and so on).

Clearly from now i will try to avoid Accor (very bad customer services) if the hotel rate is not the highest. And i will definitively avoid the Mercure Toulouse Wilson (employees that should definitively not be employed in a 3 stars hotel).

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gvallee
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Clean, refurbished rooms. Great central location. Solid bed for a good night's sleep. If you park your car in their tiny underground car park they will charge you 10-12 Euros extra per night.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank CharlieFrance
Reviewed September 8, 2005

We enjoyed our stay at the Mrecure Wilson hotel in Toulouse, France. The location was perfect, right in the middle of the terrific city of Toulouse. The management was professional and attentive to our needs. Although part of a hotel chain, we were pleased by the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel. The location made it terrific.

5  Thank lolamia
Reviewed April 6, 2005

Two business/personal stays, Nov/Dec 2004 for 7 nights and Feb 2005 for 6 nights.

Nov/Dec 2004, I found an internet rate for weekend nights for 79 euro a night & then had an rate of 99 euro the rest of the week. Check-in was business-like, but welcoming. Room 204. It was a small room with one double bed -- yes, a bit small, even by French size standards. It was clean and comfortable and the bathroom had a shower stall and was more than adequate. The room had a large window that opened onto a very boring looking courtyard. The room was very quiet, both day & night.

In Feb 2005, I paid 87 euro for the weekend nights & 112 for the week nights. Check-in was more welcoming this time...probably because I had brushed up on my French and manners and greeted the clerks with a hearty Bonjour! I was given room 219. A larger room with 1 double bed -- in fact, the headboard appeared to be sized for a king size bed. The bathroom had a large, deep bathtub with a shower door. The room had "French" doors that opened onto a little "Juliette" balcony that overlooked the street. Unfortunately, the noise from the street was absolutely horrible. The hotel was full-up, so I could not move to another room. I am one of those people that prefers to sleep with my window open and delivery trucks and garbage trucks and garage doors and motorcycles -- it was soooo noisy! And Thursday night was the worse -- that's when the local college kids go to the Discotheque that is practically right next door. It was Noisy -- I mean loud -- outside until about 3 or 3:30 in the morning.

Breakfast was not included & was 12 euro. I indulged on both Sunday mornings that I was there as I had time to make it more of a brunch, then. Besides the usual croissants, cheeses, jellies, fruit, and coldcuts, the buffet had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, yoghurt, fresh squeezed OJ, and more -- and this was everyday, not just Sundays.

The very best thing about this hotel: Location, location, location.

This hotel is located practically right on Place Wilson. There are lots of wonderful restaurants on and around Place Wilson (Le Bon Vivre is one of my favorites!) Place Capitol is a 5 minute stroll away... There is all kinds of shopping near by from exclusive boutiques to department stores. There's a movie theatre around the corner and another one around the block.

A taxi to/from the airport runs 20 - 30 euro depending on the time of day/traffic and how much luggage you have. You can also take the l'aeroport shuttle for 3.90 euro one-way to Jean Jaures and the hotel is about a 5 minute walk from there.

Business-wise there's internet in the all the rooms and fax at the front desk. Much more to do and more choices of what to do and where to go at night than any of the hotels near the airport or on the more northern side of town.

When my husband and I go back to Toulouse in June, we will stay here.

You could spend a lot more money to stay in virtually the same location, but why?

Day staff tended to be more friendly than the night staff and all really seemed to appreciate my feable attempts at their lovely French language. Although, one of the night gentlemen (in Feb) was a real charmer (I'm sorry, I don't remember his name.) For a place to sleep and shower in a great, convenient location, I'd stay here again and I would ask for a room overlooking the boring, albeit quiet courtyard, not the street.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
15  Thank suzyav8trix
Reviewed June 26, 2004

We found the hotel to be very convenient for sight-seeing as it is situated just off the Place Wilson and very central. The rooms were okay, about average for this level of hotel, with good air-conditioning. The hotel is a little on the small side, but then aren't all French City hotels. Can easily be reached from the airport as the City Shuttle bus service stops just around the corner at Jean Jaure, which is a short walk, or there are plenty of taxis across the road in the Place Wilson.

The only negative was when we checked out. The reception staff were not particularly helpful or pleasant and seemed to have a "take it or leave" attitude. Everything else seemed to be run very efficiently; perhaps some training in customer service wouldn't go amiss.

1  Thank Corsicajoe