“Shame about the noisy bar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Cousture Hotel

Le Cousture Hotel
Ranked #69 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Shame about the noisy bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

When I walked into the hotel I could not believe my luck. The place looked great and the reception was excellent from the staff. Wow I thought, this is looking up from the dreadful place I stayed in Paris the night before. Room was great and at the time of unpacking very quiet. However after taking in some food and a drink I returned about 11 ( I know quite early - bike I had a 350 mile motorbike ride the next day ) I went to bed. Sadly the Tapas bar outside my room was very noisy and although when they shut the front door to the bar the noise subsided, let's just say it was a BUSY bar !! Also I got charged 15 euro to park my motorbike in their car park. I thought this was a bit steep for a night and also the car park was empty !! I could have left it in the street for nothing .... Perhaps a little customer care would have been to at least refund this after my dreadful night. I also had to moan about the shower attachment as the holder didn't work and a 6'4" a 3 foot high shower ain't fun in a tight space !
Shame it was noisy as the hotel seemed excellent value for money otherwise

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were impressed with the friendly, multi-lingual staff (English and French), but had to wear earplugs due to the nearby noise til the early morning.

Can't speak on behalf of the breakfast, as I'm gluten intolerant and there were no options for gluten-free dining.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

good hotel, well located
the rooms have been renewed and are comfortable
friendly owner, good breakfast

the only but main problem is it can be noisy.
the nearby streets are busy at night with drunk people yelling in the street...
so avoid thu/fri/sat nights by warm weather !

Room Tip: be careful with the noise at night by end of week due to revelers
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel with a very polite and welcoming service. Place Wilson is less than 3 minutes walk away and there are several bars and restaurants around, as well as Casino in the shopping Center St Georges which is open late and is useful if you want to buy water etc.

The room I had was small and the bathroom nothing to write home about but the bed was so comfortable, with very soft linen, I fell asleep in less than 10 minutes (although that may also be due to the bottle of wine I just shared with some friends. There was shower in the bath, but nowhere to hold the shower head up so I had to shower sitting down.

When I arrived I mentioned at reception that I had read TripAdvisor comments and that people said it is very noisy - the receptionist offered me a room on the top floor I had a choice to face the road or the bars, so I chose the road. She also assured me that just two weeks ago they have had the windows "triple-glazed". On the first evening I was worried as I could hear the traffic, but actually this didn't disturb me at all and I slept very well.

The breakfast is fine, it's a bit "bed and breakfast" style with everything laid out on a table, it was quaint, not really my style and far too quiet in the small dining room. To be honest I felt a little bit awkward and I wasn't offered a coffee or explained how the breakfast works nor was my room number taken. Nevertheless, it did the job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FionaMDevon
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night when passing throu Toulouse. Location is good, with easy walking access to the centre of town. Unfortunately, contrary to what the booking website said, there was no A/C in my room. I had to leave the windows wide open to try and cool it down a bit (still not very successful in July), and outside there were people smashing bottles in the street until about 4am. Not ideal when I had to drive the next day!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Toulouse hotels

Essex UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is a nice family run hotel in a good location - a 5-10 minutes walk from the centre of Toulouse. The beds are very good.
Breakfast is fruit, yoghurt, cheese, ham, cereals, bread, croissant and cakes. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The brasserie is moderately good, but toulouse has many better restaurants nearby.
Be aware, though, that some of the rooms are not air-conditioned, and it is noisy with the window open. Avoid the rooms ending in 02, as these are double rooms that should really be singles, as the shape of the room means that the bed is close to the window, and at an odd angle.

Room Tip: Ensure it's airconditioned and avoid those ending in 02 if you want a double
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple